Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe xD install onto a Portable Drive

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am a student thats doing a lot of prototyping and I am using Adobe xD for the prototyping. Thankfully the school has an Adobe License linked to school login so I can sign in with my School Account to Adobe Cloud and I have License to everything. The slight issue is that since I am using Adobe xD its not a default install and sadly I don't have permissions to install programs on the school network (rightfully so) well I can install xD but once the download is completed its not fully installed and will give me 109 Error - Other installed Adobe Products work fine so I assume its the fact it cant Read or Write to a location.

I was wondering if there is a way that I can install Adobe xD to a form of Portable Storage and be able to use it on multiple PC's that have Adobe Creative Cloud installed? I don't really think I can ask the IT Team to install Adobe xD on every single PC at the school just so I can use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @RealBirphon, never tried it but as I see in this conversation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/install-cc-apps-to-external-hard-drive/m... although it's not specific for XD, you can install CC apps to an external hard drive, but I still can't be sure if it works on multiple computers. If you'd like to create a feature request for a portableversion, you can do so here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests Happy designing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines