Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Xd is getting slower

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I'm working on an app using Adobe Xd CC and i couldn't help but notice that the more content i add, the slower it gets. And by slow I mean "can't even zoom in or out" kind of slow, which is getting kind of annoying.

And as if that wasn't restrictive enough, some features decided to just stop working on certain pages. For instance I can't set new transitions between those pages while I still can with the first ones I designed.

I'm clueless and a bit irritated at this point, my PC can run anything quite fast but this.

Is it because the software was only designed to manage a few pages? Is it something else? Please help!

Sorry for the bad English and thank you in advance if you have any answer.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Hi Sherif - for what it’s worth, I ran the update that came out this morning and I’ve been flying through my XD all day. Not sure if you magically put some fixes in with that release? In any case - it’s running better for me now. I’ll stay on this thread and let you know if any more issues come up. Thank you all for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Hi, I have been having the same problem for a while. Assumed that was a problem of the device & upgraded to a SSD. Switched to macbook pro after that. The problem was persisting. After I noticed this thread I deleted all the components & XD is fast as before.

I am not sure if its a coincidence. Components where helpful but it becomes a problem to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue. Brand new 16inch macbook pro. Literally cant get any work done as my one large sketch file i converted now seems to autosave every move I make, then it will freeze the app for a solid 30 seconds. It's unusable at the moment. Thinking about breaking out and recreating all of my master components in seperate files. I have hundreds and it seems to be the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. As of today I've noticed a similar issue. If you don't mind, would be amazing if you or Adobe could post an update if this is an isolated incident or if it would impact others building large projects with components. I'm transitioning a team from figma as I've been eagerly awaiting these recent XD updates. Very curious to know if we will be affected by poor performance as our project grows (and it's growing fast). For what its worth, my issues started the past couple of days - workstation is iMac Pro - fully updated os and Adobe cc. Roughly 400 components in library. Internet speed here is 800 mbps up and down (yay fiber!).

Thank you

Chris

elainecc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris -

We're currently investigating those performance issues. Would it be possible to share with us the logs to ensure that we're covering all the performance issues.

To generate log files, please use the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Thanks Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherif - Yes, I can indeed share my logs with you. While doing so, can you let me know if you think I could use components with my master file on my local machine? I've not seen anything in the newest forums or documentation that suggests using a local system is still acceptable vs using adobe cloud.

In other words, if it's a potential risk, is there any drawback to my setting up my master XD file on my local machine with other project files pulling from it?

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherif // Log files have been shared.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherif - for what it’s worth, I ran the update that came out this morning and I’ve been flying through my XD all day. Not sure if you magically put some fixes in with that release? In any case - it’s running better for me now. I’ll stay on this thread and let you know if any more issues come up. Thank you all for getting back to me. Much appreciated.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear that you are back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having very sluggish performance issues after my project has been growing significantly. The only thing that seems to help is if I split my application into parts. Now that I want to add 2 parts together for a clickable prototype, it's become VERY sluggish. So badly that every click takes about 4-5 seconds to execute its action. AAAGH! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue and even updated XD today to see if it made a difference but no dice. As you said, there's a 4-5 second lag for each action and it's making work impossible. What can I do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Updates aren't solving the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me either. It seemed promising when I updated, but it was still slowing / freezing,  however it was doing it less frequently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Adobe XD. We'd request you to please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > and also if you can share the GIF or video showing the performance issue. After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why, do you actually reply to PMs? You did NOT REPLY TO MINE - this is the exact same problem I am having over a year LATER! XD is pure trash, once im done with my current project, XD is going in the trash where it belongs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have found that I can slow XD down pretty quickly when I start using some of the best new features. 

I followed a great tutorial about making flexible tables via components in Figma and translated the concepts to XD. It worked beautifully. I had cell backgrounds with a few component states. I had table cells with different border styles. I had cells with different content type components. It was really neat and super easy to use... However, once I started using this to build large tables on many pages, my files took well over 10 minutes just to open. Using the files was terrible. It's possible that all those components and states took up more memory than my rather nice macbook pro had available. 

Once I stripped those tables down to just flat components without states, I was once again very happy with the speed of XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it looks it is still happening in some devices. My collegue complains everytime she needs to review the preview. It is so bad that her computer needed to restart twice. After this tiresome process, she could review everything.

I noticed that XD doesn't let the visitor to browse through the pages on mobile devices. It doesn't even let them know if there are more pages published like in the desktop version. Or leave comments. I don't know but I think this needs development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no you're right, it needs development like everything about this buggy, nightmarish crapware that should never have been releases so flawed in the first place, here we are 2 years later and components still desotrys work flows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Urgent Help!!!

XD is toooooooo slow. For each and every action XD freezing for few seconds, its really slows down the process. Every now and then I have restart XD to continue my work. I thought its cloud issue and saved the file local and worked but still the same. Its not only for me, my whole team struggling to work in XD. We are unable to meet the deadline because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George. You should give a bit more info:

- When did this start happening? Was it after any particular update?

- Your OS and Xd version.

- Is this happening on any file or just this one? If you make a new empty file is it still slow? 

There's a new update for Xd just now (v32), try updating and see if that helps.

Also make sure that your graphic drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spas,

I was using Version 31, now updated to 32. It seems the issue has been fixed with this version. I am using MacOS 10.15.6. Thanks for the update, but still we lost 2,3 weeks productivity which we didn't expect from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me too, since i upgraded from v30 to v31 - v32.

All my components are in one single file, rest of the files use those components. It take 25-20mins to open a file n around 5-8mins to just change a text or move an element.

Windows 10 pro / adobe xd v32

i5 processor

8gb ram

SSD drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xD is a joke. This problem still exists 6 months later. Saving to their cloud is a joke, stalls for double digit minutes when trying to edit... get this... TEXT.  

I appreciate the work being done but apparently Adobe will not throw a dime to hire more people to bring xD up to something commercially viable. The only reason people think xD will work is because it floats on the Adobe reputation.

By the time most of us should have gone with Axure, it's too late. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue files kept loading can't do anything other than closing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your frustration and trust us that our team is making continuous efforts to improve the functionality. We are trying to investigate all the cases with the help of bugs separately. In order to escalate the issue to the team, we would like to know few more details-

The OS and XD versions of your machine.

Please share the Adobe logs and Crash dumps along with the XD file. Once the logs are generated upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with us here or over a PM.

I would also request you to please try the steps in a sequence that helped few customers in past.

1. Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud Desktop app
2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager/ Activity monitor
3. Delete temp files from your machine.
4. Restart your computer and sign back in.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is practically unuseable because of this slowness for me right now.

I have one design system file that has all the master componentes and another file where I copy-paste them to make the prototypes. I don't know if it's because there's a lot of nested componentes with states, but both files are extremely slow.

The worst part is that they're not just slow for me to work with on XD - the shareable prototype links I send to developers also load extremely slowly or not at all.

I already switched these files from being on the cloud to local and it didn't help. Now I tried unliking the components in the prototype file to see if that would help, and XD froze for like 10 minutes while trying to unlink about 20 components. I also got warnings from my computer about the RAM being almost entirely used up while this was happening (I have 16gb RAM). I'm gonna try outright deleting the components next, but the fact even just doing that takes so long is really getting in the way of me getting any work done.

I'm on a 2016 MacBook Pro running Big Sur.

Considering the original post on this thread about this issue is from February 2019, I would hope this would've gotten better by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any updaytes on this issue, as Eveyone Else out there, I have the same issue. XD constantly using over 20GB of RAM and takes Minutes to move a shared component. It seems to hang then I can move it and then seems to hang again...

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 12.49.06 pm.png

Please can we get this resolved.. I will be moving to Figma reluctanly as I love XD workflow

Thanks Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines