• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Not Launching on Windows10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open XD, and it will show that it's opening for a second but then it closes, showing no further application activity. I've reinstalled, repaired, and reset the app. I also attampted to follow this tutorial: 

In C:\Windows\System32, there is no msvcp140.dll nor a vcruntime140.dl. Maybe this is the reason why I'm having problems? None of my other apps are affected this bug. How can I redownload these missing components, should this fix my problem?

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to try steps 2 & 3 from https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html? Updating Windows and display drivers might help.

If that doesn't help, then try the steps in #4 when doing a clean reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken steps 2 and 3. All installs and drivers are up-to-date.

I have just completed step 4, the app still doesn't open.

I am back-tracking to step 1, iC:\Windows\System32, there is no msvcp140.dll nor a vcruntime140.dl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sophia27391215ed3u,

Thank you for trying the steps suggested by our expert. Would you mind going to Settings, Applications, Apps & features? You will find the list of the software installed on your computer, find the latest install for Microsoft Visual C++, and Modify and Repair them.

Please then try to relaunch XD from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed those steps, then restarted my computer as instructed by a couple of the installs. I just reinstalled XD and it still crashes when I try loading it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Sophia27391215ed3u,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, please generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please also share the version of XD installed on your machine and the details of the operating system.

We will try our best to investigate further and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines