I just installed Adobe XD and when I start it it's not maximized. I maximized it and then reopened it but still the same thing. It again goes to half on the screen.
You're on Windows, right? Sadly XD doesn't remember that you want it maximized, but you can resize the window to make it large, then close the window and new windows from then on should use that new window size. You can't use the maximize feature though, it won't remember that 😞
No, that's not working, the app start on the previous size, but then automatically resize itself to a tiny window in the home screen. so it add an extra step for each app start.
So after one year and this annoying issue not fixed?
That's not what happens in my case. When I resize the XD window manually, Windows won't remember it at all at startup. But when I maximize it, XD remembers it for about 1 second, however, after that, it refreshes the window size back to your standard size.
I'm 99% sure, that you override the Windows window size on startup! Please don't do that!
If this is super annoying to you, I have made a small autohotkey script that fix this problem till Adobe releases a proper fix.
#Persistent SetTimer, MaximizeAdobeXD, 10 return MaximizeAdobeXD: if WinExist("Adobe XD") WinGet, win_minmax, MinMax, Adobe XD if win_minmax = 0 WinMaximize, Adobe XD return
This automatically maximize the Adobe XD window so you don't have to do it every time you launch the app.
Thank you for sharing the idea of using AutoHotkey for this. I've gone ahead and tweaked the script to cover other scenarios like opening files since the title won't match "Adobe XD" exactly, avoiding matching the wrong windows (e.g. Chrome tabs with "Adobe XD" searches), and being less resource-intensive with a slightly larger timer:
#Persistent ;# less strict matching mode to allow ;# for cases like opening a file, which ;# changes the window title completely SetTitleMatchMode 2 ;# no need for instant maximization, 500ms is enough ;# to avoid consuming too many CPU cycles SetTimer, MaximizeAdobeXD, 500 MaximizeAdobeXD: ;# get the HWND ID of the Adobe XD window for reuse ;# to avoid matching the same window on every instruction, ;# and AVOID matching other windows that have "Adobe XD" ;# in their titles (e.g. browser windows, explorer, etc.) xd := WinExist("Adobe XD ahk_class ApplicationFrameWindow") if (xd) ;# now use the previous HWND ID to control the maximization WinGet, win_minmax, MinMax, ahk_id %xd% if win_minmax = 0 WinMaximize, ahk_id %xd% return
It's really unbelievable that such a basic functionality hasn't been baked into XD for such a long time - but I guess it's because XD was made with UWP and it seems like a really buggy technology.