Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Prototypes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

I am learning XD ATM and just made a low-fidelity protptype for a desktop screen. 

I have a question that I believe only an experienced designer would be able to answer. 

Should I add back buttons to my low-fi prototype? All internet browsers already have back buttons that users will almost 100% use. Without the back buttons, the flow is a bit off, but adding back buttons to the design does not represent what the end product will be and takes up space where I may need to shift elements around just to make the back button fit. 

TOPICS
Design , How to , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I would not recommend adding back or forward buttons to your design unless you intend for them to be there. That would be confusing to a client or web developer. One thing you could do is add the browser UI and make that clickable. That way it looks and works realisitically.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input and I agree!

In regards to adding the browser UI, how would I go about that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do it a couple ways:

• screenshot a web browser on your phone
  • Download a UI kit that has Safari in it. Something like this https://files.design/templates/ios14gui which I believe is free if you create an account (there may be others as well) if you Google Adobe XD iOS (or iPhone) UI kit

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into the Adobe XD UI kit from Apple, but they do not include Safari in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am working on a website design, not an app so my issue is a little different than what you suggested.

I am honestly lost as I need my design to easily go backwards in the prototype. I was thinking of finding an interenet browser outline, putting that in my prototype and connecting the back buttons on the browser to go backwards. 

Any idea where I can find an outline to a browser that I can use in xd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could take a screenshot of the browser on your phone (or find a screenshot online) and add empty rectangles over the buttons to make them tappable in your prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines