Exit

Adobe XD right CLICK problem

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe XD 38.0.12.13 WIN10

I had formated my laptob because I thought I have correpted files in the Adobe XD folder and it is the same ... when I click the right mouse button it shows only paste option ... I can not see the menu any more ... where i can show/hide guides ....

See this 

Walidmar_0-1616193614264.png

Also I had updated Adobe XD to the same version in my work computer and the result is the same ... the problem is the same ...

I can not work without mouse right click !!

Please review !!!

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

The latest XD update for Windows added a proper top-level menu that was missing in previous versions (to make it more like every other PC program Adobe and other companies make).

It seems that they also removed some items from a right-click to simplify that menu (and make it the same across Mac and PC). Look for View > Show Layout Grid at the top of the application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest XD update for Windows added a proper top-level menu that was missing in previous versions (to make it more like every other PC program Adobe and other companies make).

It seems that they also removed some items from a right-click to simplify that menu (and make it the same across Mac and PC). Look for View > Show Layout Grid at the top of the application window.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say I hate this, as I typically turn on and off the layout grid constantly to align content to certain grid columns. My hand is usually on the mouse, so using the top navigation means removing my focus on the artboard, and removing my hand from the mouse to use the shortcut key is just as annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks seriously, are you even checking with users before removing these functions, that was really handy now I have to come out of what I'm doing and go up to the menu for something that was previously there on right-click. Annoying does not cover it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you turn the grid on and off a lot, you should learn the keystroke for it. I know it's not the same as the Right–click, but I think it's faster. Mac users never had it in the Right–click so this makes both platforms the same. How much is put in the Right–click menu is tricky because if there's too much it takes too long to find what you're looking for.

But I know it's hard to adjust to change when you're used to something (and like it that way). If you'd like to see it some back, please make a feature request here Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines