• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD saving options are changed after XD 29.

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the last update of Adobe XD, version: 29.0.32.13

So these last update it changed the way you save your file, for some reason it saved it in the cloud, which I don't want to, since I want to save the file in a specific folder, because is for work, so first I had to try to find where the file was saved, when I found out a lot of unused files where there, and when I finally manage to save it where I wanted, the file was corrupted, so when opening gave me an error, so manage to retrive the last open file and finally to save it where I wanted it. The thing is I am working and I don't have time for this unacessary changes, you are supposed to be an UX tool which should be user friendly, making this changes are a bit reduntant and cause disruption while working. I never commented in any Adobe software, but this is my second feedback. Please think before making big changes on the way that the software is used. Appreciated. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi Claudia,

I understand your concern and thanks for sharing your feedback. The team is working on it and you will definitely see the improvements in the UI in future releases of XD. I will make sure to share your feedback with the team.

For now, in order to save the file as a local document, the options are available here for windows and mac operating system.

image (4).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.17.09 AM.png

• When you Save as a local document it will open the diaglog box where you can select the folder in which you want to save the fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the confusion. We had a similar discussion happened in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-saving-options-are-changed-after-xd-29/td-p/1114628.... Please check the correct answer to this post and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, love XD.

But the fact that my files are being saved on the cloud automatically without an option to change the default save method is pretty stupid. Anytime I have to save a new file, I have to select "Save file as local Document". How can you make such an awesome software right off the bat only then to make this insanly unncessary update? lol 

Clearly it's either a poor attempt to increase the usage of Adobe cloud stroage or just a gross oversight on the fact that a big % of XD users have different methods to store and share files such as Google Drive or Dropbox.

Fix this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. After XD 29 we mapped a new shortcut to save the file locally, so we still have the option it's just we need to save it using a different shortcut. For more information please refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-saving-options-are-changed-after-xd-29/m-p/11146287...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell is XD now auto matically saving files i open to the cloud? I just had to force quite this ugy poc becuase I opened a larger Sketch file and before I had a chance to do anything the app froze up as i was auto saving this file to the cloud! stop it! I dont want my fils to automatically be saved to the cloud, i dont want to save to your crappy, slow bugy cloud at al! its bad enough you cnahged the fedault save as shortcut to save to the cloud, this counter intuitive and no one wants to use your pathetic, slow cloud storage & now to add insult to injury you force a save as soon as i open a file? WTF? how do i stop XD automatically saving a copy of a file open to your cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE STILL HAVE NO PREFERENCES OPTIONS AND I HAVE FILE SYNC TURNED OFF! how do i stop XD trying to automatically save a file i open to the cloud? this is not what I asked the progam to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should definitely be an option to turn cloud sharing off/on in preferences as many freelancers have no need for cloud sharing at all. We just work locally all the time. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've chosen to forego Adobe Cloud storage for documents for several reasons:

1. It's faulty. We have opened cloud storage documents and found saved versions, or completed and saved work within the same version, not there.

2. Cloud storage has resulted in wonky behavior - eg, Undo (Cmd-Z on Mac) often does not - undo, that is. Perform an action, and the Undo command in the menu is greyed out. No way to undo. On a locally stored document, this behavior disappears.

To make matters worse, we've had Adobe Cloud just jump in and grab locally stored documents and whisk them up to the cloud, in spite of never choosing this option. For example, we'll be working on Project-01.xd, stored on the hard drive. In order to archive that version, we'll do a Save as... and create a new version, Project-02.xd. The next day, go to find version -02.xd - it's not there. Adobe Cloud has defaulted to whisking the files up to the cloud, without our making that choice.

Adobe produces great products, but the UX/UI of these products isn't on a part. And this particular issue is really bad UX behavior.

Reminds me of Adobe choosing in Photoshop to reverse the Shift-drag component to resize an object and maintain proportionality - yet retaining the reverse behavior on the rest of the Adobe Creative suite. Someone needs to circulate a memo, I think... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - any UPDATE on this? Why do you constantly try to "fix" things that are not broken?

It's 2021, people do not want to keep their work on your cloud service by default for millions of reasons, and you know that. Give us an option to set the default behavior for saving and for creating new files. I do not want to make a new cloud file every time a create a new document, just to be forced to save it locally... every-single-time.

Every software on the planet uses ctrl+shift+s for "save a new local file". This is the logical and default behavior for a reason.

Guys, just stop breaking your software, for the sake of all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoys the hell out of me, too. I used to enjoy XD but the steer towards 'collaborative' processes and cloud saving means I just don't engage with it as often. They've completely spoilt the experience for me. I want a way of setting "Save As Local Document' as my default, not the Cloud. Stop shoving working solutions down our throats that we don't have a use for. Ironic that Adobe are so focused on promoting collaborative processes yet they have a complete disconnect with their users. And don't keep telling us that this is the way it has been designed now - that's just pure arrogance from a design team that don't listen to criticism from users and can't be bothered to make it work for those that don't embrace your ways of working. In summary - get your head out of the clouds and give us local document saving as a default option. XD is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the default to save to local simply because every time I save I get an agressive email from my companies security department asking why I am using an unapproved 3rd party cloud service to store company files. Either you talk to security for me or make local save the default please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With you 100%
Another strange but related issue, is that if I'm working from a local file (as in, I've double clicked a local file to open it, worked on it for a few hours and saved it) it still tries to save it to the cloud. I've closed a document thinking its saved locally (as you'd expect, given this workflow), only to find its not saved anything. What's more, in this example I couldn't even find the file saved in my adobe cloud documents. All that work was lost. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we make it where "Save as" opens a dialogue to save locally by default, but also includes an option to save to cloud? Or would that be too much work to implement at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also when you do save to cloud can we inlcude an option to save a copy locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want this changed too.  I'm paying $1000 a year to use this software and have for YEARS.  I DO NOT want my company's proprietary files saved on some cloud somewhere that I have zero control over.    It took me forever to figure out where my files were.  You took a common setting, used world-wide on all sorts of software, and usurped it to steal my files from me without my knowlege. What's next CTRL +C now grants you access to the folders on my computer for you to sift through as you please?

I pay damn good money for the right to use your software.  I don't pay you to save copies of my work on your server. Change this default setting or I will finally quit procratinating and will another solution for every piece of software I use from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v51.0.12.6 and I've just opened the app for the first time in ages to find you STILL prioritise Cloud over Local with the 'Save' button configuration. Shocking, just... shocking. What a lack of empathy with your users and the standard button configuration we are used to using on, literally, all other apps we work with. It's like it's been built by a team of designers that have never used other software before. I seriously question the integrity and functionality of your software when you can't even get your own UI right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cyclopsdx ,

We're so sorry to hear about that. Let me assure you, that I'll share your feedback with the engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines