• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD type size does not visual look the same in XD compared to Coded site

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into an issue that I can't find an answer to in similar community posts so I thought I'd post one myself to see if things have changed. 

When designing a layout in XD I set the font size to 16. When coding said layout using 16px sized font it looks larger and takes up more space on my design than the XD version.

Why is this happening? Is there a setting I need to change in XD? I understand pixel density of different screens may cause some variation but wouldn't that also enlarge all the elements if they have px sizes as well?

I work with people that use both Mac and PC and both seem to have the same issue.

Thank you for any help you can give.

TOPICS
Design , Known Issue , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Elijah26025150rhhd,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. If I heard you right, you're experiencing a similar issue mentioned here: Solved: Roboto font from Google has different heights on M... - Adobe Support Community - 11734620.

If so, the team identified that the font engines on the 2 platforms return different values for this font, and it won't be fixed until we use the same engine on both platforms.

There is something related to this going on in the backend, but until then, there is nothing that team can do to fix it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines