Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD versions incompatible between Mac & Windows PC

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues as I where I can't work on the same Adobe XD file with someone else because of XD compatibility version issues? 

I have a MacOS Big Sur and on my Adobe CC it says my Adobe XD is running the latest version at 39.0.12, whereas my teammate has a Windows PC running XD version 40.0.22. Due to that we can't access/work on the same file. And when he tries to access the file I share I now get this error. 

Claudine5FC0_0-1621292454464.png

But I can't even update anything since it already says I'm running on the latest version, and there's no update available.

Claudine5FC0_1-1621292512829.png

Wondering if anyone else experienced this and got it resolved?

Thanks! 🙂 

TOPICS
Design , Download install and licensing , Missing feature , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudine,
have you tried clicking on "Check Update"? Try disconnecting and logging back into your Creative Cloud account and see if the update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudine, 

We are sorry to hear you are unable to update XD. We would request you to please try the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html and let us know if that helps.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Yesterday I was working from home on my Mac with Adobe XD40. Today I'm back in the office with a Windows computer with Adobe XD39 and I can't open yesterday's file because it needs to be updated to the latest version. But there is no update available. Unfortunately, the steps mentioned do not help. Very annoying in a productive work environment. It seems to me that automatic updates are not recommended when working on different computers. Better to update everything manually to ensure uniform versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the trouble. I would request you to please go through the first step of this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html and see if that helps.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work, also old UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, mac version is newer and my PC guys can't open the XD files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that you have the latest version of XD which is 45.1. You can keep the app up to date automatically by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines