Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD will not open, I don't even get an error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The Adobe Xd application will not open. I don't even get an error message. I click on XD and nothing happens, I click on open in CC and nothing happens like the button doesn't even work. If I want to use XD i have to delete and reinstall it everytime, which is very annoying. And I can't download the older version because the file I was working on was started on the new version and won't work in the older version. 

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what OS are you running Adobe XD on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Window 10 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried uninstalling Adobe XD via Creative Cloud Cleaner tool? In this way, any corrupt files will also be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't tried that yet. Because this occured right after the first time I downloaded it. But I will try it out. 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try and keep us updated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried it but it still won't work. I have to keep uninstalling XD and reinstalling it before it opens again. I really don't know what the issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup.... same here unfortunately...

STUDIO-RELOU - Unlocking brands for ambitious companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same for me as well... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling Adobe XD in 2020 (and buying Figma directly after it) because of persisting libraries and font issues. I followed all the steps a couple of times already to repair these issues. Tried it again later in 2020, again in 2021, and again at the start of 2022.... but the libraries and font problems still persist. Even again after taking all the steps of cleaning, fresh installs (even for the windows OS).

But, I wanted to give Adobe XD a go again to see something has changed in the last two years. Now Adobe XD doesn't even load hahaha. Uninstalled en installed again for a second try but unfortunately Adobe XD simply won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. Relou and Sarafina5C4E,

We apologize for the frustrating experience. We'd love to investigate the logs to escalate them further. Could you please generate logs and share the crash dumps with me over a private message so that I can look into your issue?

Please share the version of XD and the details of your operating system.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for coming back to me/us. Unfortunately, I was battling covid last week... getting better atm but still not fully recovered, unfortunately.

Logcollector file is: AdobeLogs_20220404_121722_435-win-GS.zxp

There is no specific Crash dump? Followed the steps, and created the folders in Regedit. The weird thing as well is, XD just booted up as if the program knew it had to function again... Running version 49.0.12.14 under Creative Cloud Sync version 5.6.2.1. The Libraries and font problems still persist tho which is very frustrating since it's only happening in XD. 

The current OS is: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044 build 19044

Thanks for your efforts.

Kind regards,

Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA 
Hope you are doing well.
Do you have an update for me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Jaap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines