• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe XD won't let me change the order of the artboards.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made a prototype in Adobe XD, then, later wanted to change the order of the artboards in the shared view. Changed the order in shared view,  but then it won't update the link. Tried everything. Tried deleting the prototype and creating a new one, tried saving under another name...

I can not imagine that you are stuck with the order you made things in. We need to be able to move the order around!

Anyone know how to fix?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

UPDATE:

There is a workaround. Another forum user told me to make sure all artboards are vertically aligned.

Adobe XD will go L to R top to bottom. (but on a very granular level)

If artboard 2 is 1px higher than artboard 1 it will be displayed first.

I've attached the screenshot another user shared with me to illustrate the point.ADOBE Artboard XD LAYOUT HELP Screen+Shot+2017-09-13+at+9.29.48+AM.png

So great there is a workaround, but this is still a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

We should have the flexibility to arrange artboards in the most logical arrangemen

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Hi there,

faced the same problem.
It works, if you add ascending numbers as prefix to the artboard's title. Then everything shows perfect in the sharing mode.
- Katharina

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuart-k​ I'm experiencing the same problem although I do have the latest version 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arcas2307​ Are you on Windows or Mac? And to make sure I understand, could you explain exactly what issue you're seeing? If you have any screenshots that would be useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac, but I figured out the problem.

There's a little tab on the left upper corner of the screen. I accidentally clicked on one in the middle of the stack and reordering wasn't cutting it.

Thank you though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately problem still present, changing orders, hitting preview does not actually 'refresh' the order.
Saving, exiting, restarting, does not help!

I am trying to see what Tab did arcas2307​ hit in order to refresh, I tried every single button visible, yet still nothing.

Need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey veljkosima​, they were referring to the home artboard tab, as shown here: Learn how to create interactive prototypes in Adobe Experience Design that you or others can use to ... Does that fix your ordering?

Apart from the home artboard, the order is as I described in my other answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stuart-k​, I am also experiencing this issue of not being able to update the order of the artboards after creating a link. Even after setting the home artboard using the tab as you mentioned and arranging them left to right, top to bottom. The messaging "manage links" seems misleading when the shared link created the first go around can't be edited. Please assist, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The order of the artboards is updated each time you share/"Update Link". You can test the order in which they will appear by using the preview window and the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard; the order will be the same when you view in the browser.

Let us know if this isn't the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-ordered art boards in every way imaginable and it does not reflect the order even when the link is updated. Any new artboard I either create, or that i copy in from another document is always shown at the end regardless of how it appears in the artoboard layout in XD.

I have tried sorting the artboards in the side panel into an order matching the left-to-right order in the display to no avail. Have gone so far as numbering each artboard in the order i want while doing the above and it just doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue nearly nine months after the most recent post. In my case, there is no Update Link option when sharing for review. Why doesn't it work the same as any other published prototype. XD published it out of order. I reordered manually on the page and saved. The prototype did not update. What's the status of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

menipu la

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesnt work. the only way we have found to set the order is to painstaking copy each art board one by one to a new document. if you mass copy all at once it fixes the original order no matter what the layout is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nn83184247​ I'm guessing that the alignment of the top of your artboards is slightly off, and so the ones that are  higher are appearing first. Hopefully the following screenshot illustrates the behaviour:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.29.48 AM.png

In the first row the middle artboards will come before the left and right ones because they are higher. In the second row the artboards will be in left to right order, because the top of them are all aligned (at the same x position).

When you copy and paste artboards, XD puts them at the same x position, which is what is changing between the documents.

You can select artboards, and use the align to top button to fix this in your current document.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.37.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same horrible issue and THIS is the suggestion that finally worked for me. 2 of my Artboards were 1px above the others. It didn't matter how I linked them together, I couldn't fix the problem. Once I made sure they were both on the same y axis as others, they were back in the correct order in the live prototype! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. The order of an export to PDF or a link should follow the order we put our boards in under design. I can drag and drop my artboards there into the order I want... and then we can all, as designers, cluster our boards as we want (we probably all have our own preferences). Please FIX THIS. A link to share with a client is useless when it's all mixed up and they only way to fix it is to drag my boards into some ridiculous forced left to right then up and down. I like mine to go in columns in example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem, but it is not when I share the Online demo, that's when I export the file to PDF. At that moment I lose the consecutive order that I have and every time I have to open Adobe Acrobat to organize my work tables. You may not know how to do this or have not reported this problem when exporting as PDF. I have tried leaving all to the same level, numbering each worktable, alphabetically, but nothing has worked for me. I look forward to your response or help. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the 'Prototype' tab to the right of the 'Design' tab. Click on the artboard you want to be 'Home'. Click the little grey box on the top left of the artboard with a home icon. Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is retarded. Make separate option to sort the pages. People do no design in linear fashion. I have several clusters of pages and in order to link them, I do move them around quite much. FIX IT. We are paying pretty penny for CC.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 10.47.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorting from top -> bottom, left -> right is not working for the preview or sharing the link. The confirmation modal displayed in the preview on the left is the first artboard displayed in the preview/generated link preview. As you can see on the right, it's far below other artboards, and much more right than others. I have no selection when I launch the preview/generate the link.

Help is appreciated. I have a tight deadline on a prototype.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 3.46.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MediocreEarthling Is that artboard set as your home artboard? See Learn how to create interactive prototypes in Adobe XD that you or others can use to validate the us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue and needs to be fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve it quickly, what you can do is move the design with the house at the top, copy it in the place where it was, change the design of the one above for what you want and that's it, your prototype will start on that screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, this is still an issue. Doesn't matter if I order them like exaggerated stairs, it still displays in the order it was created. You need to let us order the screens in the design panel, not on the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines