• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowing component instance override to states

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has been a core feature that has been requested for a while (~2019) but has there been any updates in regards to allowing component instances overrides to states. The scenario is as follows:

1. Create a master button component
  2. Build states for active, hover, disable, etc. with color changes and prototype interactions
  3. You make an instance of the component. You adjust the button width and change the button's label (standard component use-case)
  4. You test the hover effect: The interaction is applied, but the instance adjustments (ex. changing the label from "button" to "confirm") are not inherited to the instance's states. On-hover state has the button's label "button" from the default master component and the button auto-animates to the master's size.

The solution I would think is to apply instance updates to each of the instance states separately as variants vs. having to do across every instance and now across every state. We have already seen great examples of this in both sketch and Figma which I can imagine only helped their adoption rates.

This has been a key issue with our enterprise team for the wide adoption of our design system as part of a separate file as it requires significant changes to every prebuilt state when working with button variations and interactions. Additionally, this requires unlinking and rebuilding componets in each new project file.

If either the community has solutions they have made or have heard any from the adobe community I would love to have some insight into this issue and either what can be done to resolve it for us or when can we expect an update from the Adobe team.

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Hi David,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have a time frame by when this feature(https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-components-event-to-change-states-of-other-c) would be available.  Having said that, let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering and Product Management team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have a time frame by when this feature(https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com... would be available.  Having said that, let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering and Product Management team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines