• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Atrocious is an understatement

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After weeks of working happily in Figma, today I have to work in XD. I've only just started, this is how it's gone so far:

-I receive an invite for an XD document, and I try to open it. XD opens and freezes on a blank screen.

-I quit XD.

-I reopen XD, blank page again.

-I quit XD.

-I reopen XD, now it opens.

-I try to open the document that I've been invited to, I get a message saying that I need to update XD. The last time I used XD was a month ago. It's ridiculous, both the lack of backward compatibility and the number of constant pointless releases that don't ever seem to fix ANY of the multimillion bugs present.

-I update XD

-I try to open the file, blank screen

-I quit XD

-I finally manage to open XD, this is what I get:

All Screenshot 2023-02-06 09.29.18.png

All this happens after CC was unable to validate my subscription for 2 days last week for no apparent reason.

Using Adobe software has become a complete nightmare that impairs efficiency and sends stress levels to the rooftops, especially when there's a deadline looming.

The constant issues are inexcusable.

The number of times that I've been told by support to reinstall everything (which takes several hours...) is beyond belief.

Whatever happens, I beg you to not drag Figma down the path of all your other applications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

I agree, XD is a nigjhtmare to work with. I get a developer online file to get the specs, nothing works!
I can't download any assets, can't even download the assets if i use chrome developer tools!
All kind of useless things are working like copy the images names, like who cares about that let me download the damn assets. some of the elemets have the colors in the CSS panel some not, how can i know the colors??? wtf kind of dev spec file is this? this POS software is so broken that my stress is in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it continues.

XD telling me I have missing fonts that are installed and always have been installed...

Figma can see the font in question, just saying.

I don't even get the option to replace missing fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I replace an image and it's imported rotated 90 degrees for some unknown reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this 3d transform thing that wasn't there before? Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

What about fixing ALL THAT'S WRONG IN XD INSTEAD? I know it's a daunting task...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a stack with 0px padding between elements. There's a 10px gap between them...

And on it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replaced another image and again it's rotated 90 degrees on import...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i run into the same problems with F Figma.

You started with the wrong foot with XD.
You're finding only problems becuse you are commig from working in Figma.
If you dont know what the 3D tool is it means that you havent used XD since almost a year.

i would love to help you and walk you by your little hand but i'm too busy sorting out real work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with photoshop, then fireworks, back to photoshop, then webflow, then sketch, then Figma, then XD, nowadays I try to stick to Figma. Nothing to do with foot. XD is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. 

I never have any of these problems with Figma. I've never been unable to open Figma, I've never had font issues with Figma. I've never had to reinstall Figma or deal with the equivalent pain of having to reinstall the whole of CC. This whole post is just one day's worth of XD. Sadly this forum is the only place where I can vent my utter frustration.

XD is and has been flawed from the start, not only is it bug-ridden, but its interface is flawed to the extreme.

It breaks every single rule in the UI and UX books, From Nielsen to Raskin...

Rant over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add, thanks for the condescending tone, it made me giggle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a stack, a random folder is added...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images rotated upon import appears to be the norm now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7/2/23

Another day, more XD problems or should I say usual behaviours?

I start the day without being able to type anything in XD. Clicking around and selecting different tools, finally enables typing again. Of course, this is all perfectly normal and acceptable on "professional " software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 mins later the cursor keeps getting stuck on the finger tool when having the pointer selected, making it impossible to select anything. Clicking around for a while restores the functionality. How much fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I just had autosave making my screen blank before showing me my work again which incidentally is missing the last few changes that I made before the autosave. Good that I spotted it. Thanks XD for streamlining my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it just did it again, oops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and again...

It must be a feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has become a common feature, happening every 2 mins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change the text leading to 14px, it changes itself back to 22px. And while I write this, XD is stuck on "reconnecting". Nothing wrong with my connection, everything else works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another random folder is created when creating a stack. I love matrioshkas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It now appears impossible to create a stack and define the spacing, an ongoing stream of nested folders is created with no means to specify spacing in any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm typing in slow motion (when typing works!) I can type something, sit back and watch my text slowly appear while I drink my coffee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and so it goes. I have to say that I'm not logging all the issues as it's too time consuming to explain . Most of the problems are well documented in this forum anyway. Plenty of them are marked as "resolved" despite this being blatantly untrue.

9/2/23

I have 3 instances of the same component stacked over each other to create an illustration. Part of the component is a rectangle with a stroke and drop shadow.

-I edit the master component which is the bottom one of the 3 instances.

-I outline the stroke of the rectangle.

the drop shadow disappears and magically the component shifts its position on the layer stack. Now it's at the top.

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest irony, in this case, is that the illustration made out of the 3 components is in a masked group which doesn't allow ME to change the order of the layers without ungrouping the masked group. You couldn't make it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mowglivj,

We are sorry for the delayed response. I see you are experiencing as a similar issue reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/time-stamp-of-the-files-shows-incorrectly-in-xd-....

This is a know bug, and the team is investigating on it. You'll see the improvements in the upcoming releases.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, XD is a nigjhtmare to work with. I get a developer online file to get the specs, nothing works!
I can't download any assets, can't even download the assets if i use chrome developer tools!
All kind of useless things are working like copy the images names, like who cares about that let me download the damn assets. some of the elemets have the colors in the CSS panel some not, how can i know the colors??? wtf kind of dev spec file is this? this POS software is so broken that my stress is indeed shooting through the roof.

WTF is going on with you over there Adobe?
Usless monopol with uselsss softwares, unbelivable, your product manager should be fired and never ever work in the UX field ever again. USELESSSSS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines