• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to turn of Auto-activate fonts option in XD?

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after updating— is another arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. I’ve managed to turn it off on InDesign (Preferences/File handling) but not on XD (e.g.). How can users turn this annoyance off entirely?

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Oh sorry I think I missed something, yes you're right, I searched also for feature requests for XD but there was only a request for auto font activation using suitcase, which is not necessary now as fonts are automatically activated and that's where you're having an issue as I see it 😅 You might want to create a feature request like InDesign has on XD user voice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests 
Happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DavidMatos, I think this link might help you: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/add-fonts.html , hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. However, I don’t see how is that supposed to help, since auto-activacion is conveniently ommited in the article. Did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry I think I missed something, yes you're right, I searched also for feature requests for XD but there was only a request for auto font activation using suitcase, which is not necessary now as fonts are automatically activated and that's where you're having an issue as I see it 😅 You might want to create a feature request like InDesign has on XD user voice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests 
Happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DavidMatos,

As our expert, Spas K pointed you in the right direction to submit feedback on our XD Uservoice page. Please also share the link with us for tracking purposes so that if someone visits this post with the same query, they are welcome to upvote your request, which will raise the votes and give it more publicity.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines