• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Animate page transitions not working in Adobe XD Website Prototype when url link is shared

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I need to pass on a prototype of a website I've been working on for a client in XD however I can't do it yet because the auto-animate page transitions are not working when I click the web link to my work. The auto-animate page transitions are working in the preview mode in Adobe XD but they are not working in the browser when I click the link. Can this please be rectified? I need to send this prototype over to them asap.

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, hope you are doing good and thanks for reaching out to us.

For auto animate to work  objects should have the same name.Objects with different names, even though they look the same won't animate.

If the issue is something other than this can you please share us the document to get more clarity?

Thanks,

Anupriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anupriya,

here is the link to my adobe xd project. The auto animate between some of the components is working between pages and isn't working between other pages when the user transitions from one page to the next. At the moment there are only 4 active artboards you can go between. HOME - brings you to the home page and the button is located below the organizations logo ( centre of the top menu bar). If you go to "services" and click on Buyer's Collective, it will take you to that page. If you go to "take action" in the top menu bar and click "past events" it will take you to the past events page. If you click "online store" in the top menu bar and click any of the options from the slide-in menu, it will take you to the online store. 

Compared to my actual file on my computer, in Adobe XD, very few of the auto-animate page transitions are working. the web link does not operate like the file in the XD program.

I hope it's possible to fix this because I do need to send this prototype to the folks at this organization and I'm way behind on doing that because of trying to fix this issue. Otherwise I'll just have to send them a video of me opening the file on my computer to show them how the page transitions are animated.. I guess... but that would be extremely disappointing. 

I have double checked and there seems to be no issues with the labelling of components that are being auto-animated. They all have the same name regardless of the artboard that they are on.

Thanks,

Kevin Donaghy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, 

I forgot to include the link. 

Here it is: https://xd.adobe.com/view/9d2f611a-37ef-49c6-92b1-1153f6b7114a-c87c/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I was not able to reproduce this issue, page transitions for the workflow you have mentioned is working for me.

We may need more data to dig into it 

1. Xd version you are using and OS version

2. Is it reproducible on all the browsers

3. And a short video clip of the issue

Will it be possible for you to share the XD file with us? If yes, please add the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link with me through DM by clicking on my name.

Thanks,

Anupriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines