• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Height Text is positioned incorrectly in component states on web preview XD 35.3.12.2

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I've seen this issue appear in earlier threads with previous versions of XD.
I'm using the latest XD, on Catalina 10.15.7, viewing the created links in Firefox.
I note if I change my text containers to 'Fixed size' (as opposed to auto height) the issue disappears.
In this link the first image gallery wireframe uses 'Fixed size', the following 2 auto height.

Is this a known bug with 'auto height' - should we be avoiding it - as the issue becomes very time consuming when one has to change significant numbers of component states?
Thanks for any assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Hi Karlf,

We have an open bug logged for autoheight when it has interstate interactions like hover. I think your issue is similar. Our developers are looking into it with priority, untill then as a workaround you can use auto-width or fixed size.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using auto height text in XD. Would you mind sharing this file with us so that we can check at our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the url with us. Does that happen with this specific file or with all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

I hope you can access this https://www.dropbox.com/s/jph5exbtd85cm1x/TZO%20Silverstripe%20Wireframe%20Components%202021_adobe.x...

I've stripped out other pages and simply supplied the example. And yes, I have had this issue happen on other files recently.

Regards, Karl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karlf,

We have an open bug logged for autoheight when it has interstate interactions like hover. I think your issue is similar. Our developers are looking into it with priority, untill then as a workaround you can use auto-width or fixed size.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines