Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic graphics switching Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I’ve upgraded my OS to Big Sur 11.1, everything works fine but I’ve noticed something, that on my MacBook Pro 16 (late 2019) when I open Adobe XD it doesn’t make the switch to the discrete graphics processor automatically like it usually does. So I have to work with the integrated graphics processor. I’ve been doing this workaround: If I go to settings / Energy Saver and leave the “automatic graphics switching” off it will always use the dedicated one.

The thing is that it should be working just fine without having to do that, and I’m not sure if it's an adobe bug or a BigSur bug…

Has anyone experience this issue with the MacBook Pro 16' 2019 using xd or photoshop? or do you know if it’s working properly now? I had to roll back to Catalina since this is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giovanni,

That's very strange. I haven't seen more issues like this so far but I will definitely keep an eye on it. I have escalated this to the team for investigation. I will come back to you as soon as I hear any updates from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have what may be a related issue: Macbook Pro 2019, AMD 5500 8gb - Photoshop does not recognize this graphics card for Enhance or Super Sizing - looks like an Adobe issue alright (as usual)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines