• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend modes no longer works inside scroll group in XD

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a rectangle that had a blend mode of multiply applied to it but as soon as that element is moved inside a scroll group the blend mode of the element itself was completly ignored and only the blendmode applied to the scroll group had any effect. As far as I tested it this always applies (any object inside a scroll group no longer can use a blend mode), surly this cant be intended behaviour?

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tera_X,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing the issue with blend modes inside scroll groups in XD. Is it possible for you to share a video of your workflow so that we can try to replicate the issue at our end? Please also share the version of XD and the details of your operating system.

Have you started noticing this issue on the recent version of XD or you've observed the issue in the previous version of XD?

I will try my best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its pretty easy to replicate, select element -> add blend mode of your choice -> add element to any Scroll Group => blend mode no longer shows and only the blendmode of the scroll group is used = no individual blend modes on elements inside a Scroll group (which are usually large collections of elements otherwise you would most likely not use a scroll group...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check> have two objects with different blend modes on another 3 normal objects. Created scroll shows individual blend modes for blended objects. Does it works for you in previous versions of Xd?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know if it worked in older Versions, the first time noticing it not working was in the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont know why this answer was marked as the right one, the problem still exists an i can reproduce it reliably as shown in the video i attached to the very first answer...

Windows 11
Newest Adobe XD Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to group them befor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean if I tried to group them first and then change the blend mode -> yes, same result. Do you mean if I tried it in an earlier version of XD -> I dont know, this is the first Version of XD where I noticed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines