• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Animation duration input not possible because of comma vs. dot decimal separator in German

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe XD team!

I want to report a bug that has been confirmed by several attendees of my XD workshops. When the language of XD is set to German, the input to change the animation duration in a prototype (correctly) shows a comma as the decimal separator instead of the English dot. If users enter a new value with a comma (as they are used to in German), their input is ignored. A change from “0,3” to “0,4” jumps back to the original value of “0,3”. If the users enter the same value with a dot separator, e.g. “0.4”, the change is applied and the dot in the input field changes to a comma.

This is highly unintuitive and I have had several complaints by users who were “unable to change the animation duration to anything other than 0,3”.

Cheers, Matthias

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I am getting this checked from the team and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team. Meanwhile, could you please confirm the version of XD and OS so that we can test this on our end as well? 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh,

thanks for the quick response! I am running XD 42.1.22.4 x64 on an Intel MacBook Pro with Big Sur 11.5.1.

Regards

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines