Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Copy-&-paste from Illustrator to XD not working correctly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG:

When you copy-&-paste from Illustrator to XD, the simplest of objects lose styling and gain a lot of layer-objects in XD.  See the attachment.

Copy-&-paste was working great before the last couple of updates.  This bug has completely ruined my workflow.  I work with a lot of software engineers, making a lot of application mockups, every week.  They depend on me to quickly visualize and make sense of their crazy ideas.  I can not do that, now.  

I found a work-around:

If I create a whole seperate Illustrator file, and paste my mockups in that and save it, and THEN open that Illustrator file with XD, then the styling and layers are preserved.  

Equipment:

2019 iMac

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Illustrator 26.0.3

XD 47.1.22.2 x64, Creative Cloud Sync 5.2.7.2

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarkReynolds,

Thank you for contacting us, issue has been logged from our end  and developers are on it. Fixes will be seen in the upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ashwini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!  Thank you!  This bug has completely wiped-out my workflow.  I used to be able to blaze through mockups in Illustrator and simply copy them in XD for all the Engineers to use.  I now have around 30 engineers freaking out on me becuase everything has come to a screeching slow-down.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines