• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Expanding a component expands all components within it

Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I 'ungroup' a component to expand it into parts, I would expect the components WITHIN it to stay as components. It should only ungroup one level.

If I ungroup my "Carousel/Products" component, I want the ones within it to remain on my artboard as components.

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 13.25.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

If you ungroup the component, all the object which is part of that group will get ungroup. That is as expected.

To make your design work, you have to make the different group, which you dont want to ungroup.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this behaviour has changed recently? I'm sure it didn't do this before!

I only want to ungroup the main 'parent' component, I want the rest to remain as components. I'm sure it was possible before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Vertika has said, I would also like to know if this is happening with every file and every component or with this specific file so that we can get the idea if it's happening globally? Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.

We will try our best to investigate it further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika,

I've just checked - this isn't happening in my main design system file (where my master components are). If I ungroup a component instance there, it leaves the components inside as components. The foum won't let me post screenshots. 

In my other file (which has linked assets) from the above file, the same component just unlinks itself completely (the component within it becomes a folder).   

Adobe Xd Version 31.2.12.4

Mac OS 10.15.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind updating XD to 32 version and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Unfortunately it seems to still be an issue 😞

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines