• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: search to filter & delete master components - deletes components with partial same name

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aim :

To delete a set of master components; the dark icon set. We have a light icon set too which we wanted to keep as our base set. The dark icons take the same name with the addition of "_dark" at the end. 

Process:

Searched for components with "dark".

Right clicked to delete those components within the assets panel. 

Expected result:

Only the dark icon component selected in the list would be deleted

Actual result:

XD deleted both the dark and also all the light components too, that took the same name without the "_dark".

See video for process. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @cerilewis, I did some experiments and had the same issue sometimes, since it doesn't happen always, I think best way is to filter the dark elements first and then selecting them all > right click > select "New group from selection" to see if the selection includes any light elements (no need to say al of this is happening on components sidebar right ;), if it doesn't contain any light icons, you can group the dark ones and delete them at once for now. I think grouping the dark elements while creating the components would be better as I see it. I know it's a workaround but that's the best solution I can think of so far, happy designing!

Edit: Looked some more into this and after filtering, if you select dark elements one by one with cmd key, the other ones don't get deleted, I think filtering the components only make the other ones invisible but they're actually still there, that must be why if you select the first one and then shift-clicking the last one to select all also deletes the light ones.  Filtering and then cmd click to select them might be a workaround for now as it's still easier then selecting the dark components without filtering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines