• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: Text box height differs depending on descenders

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some auto width text boxes and I noticed that the height of the box changed depending on what letters where in it. In the attached picture you can see this is a problem since the buttons share exactly the same type face, type size, leading and padding but still get different heights. The characters used should not impact the height of the box.

Viktor5E6E_0-1611220689552.png

So far I have only encountered it with lower case j in the font Barlow so maybe it is the font file that is corrupted.

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further investigation it seems this only happens at a certain font-size: 17px. The font used is Barlow downloaded from Google Fonts

Viktor5E6E_0-1611222712912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for reporting the issue and sharing your investigation. I would request you to please try with other fonts and see if it's happening with other fonts as well.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen it in any other typeface or size. But it also only happens when the text box is set to auto width.

So the specifics are:

1. Barlow typeface
  2. Size 17px
  3. Auto width text box
  4. Only for the j charachter

It may be an error in the font but I wanted to let you know that this problem can occur.

Viktor5E6E_0-1611304131418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for highlighting. I will make sure to highlight this with my team so that we can investigate it and will share the updates with you. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines