• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business profile breaks link and ruined my life

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have YEARS worth of work and more importantly prototype links in my account. Now that Adobe has moved to the "Business Profile" paradigm I've been informed that I have to migrate ALL of my content and that this will BREAK ALL THE LINKS FOR MY WORK. 

I have these links in controlled documentation at work for product development. I can migrate all my content then update all the links over YEARS of work, but really? 

Did NO ONE at Adobe consider this? Frankly I'm shocked

UI/UX Lead - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had the exact same issues as stated above.

Case: ADB-22166336-F9L9

The customer support basically said: we have heard about a lot of issues since these updates, but we can't do anything about it.

The issues are:

- We have a shared Xd design system / library cloud file with a lot of links in local files. This shared library was on my personal profile. The personal profile license ended (not sure how), and we received a business profile license. However, the shared library is impossible to transfer to the business profile. I cannot share the file to my business profile because it's the same emailadress. I cannot continue on my personal profile because the licence has ended. Conclussion: all our links are dead which will cost us WEEKS to fix.

- After customer support, we decided to create a new Adobe Xd libary and be done with it. But: if I share this document with coworkers, they cannot open the source document with their business profile, but can with their personal profile. Somehow the shared file was first accessed/accepted at the personal profile ?? But because the sharing is done by the emailadress, I cannot share the file again. This means my coworkers cannot work on this new DS library (altough they can use the components for design work). Obviously this is completely unpractical.

Is this something that will be fixed?

Misja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi misjav40019948,

We are sorry for the trouble. We will check the status of this case and share the updates with you shortly. Could you please share the Adobe ID with me over a private message so that we can check your account details?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Elaine was kind enough to have one of the XD team contact me, but he was also unable to solve it. So, I have no expectation that this will ever be fixed for the effected users.

We're basically out of luck, and accepted the reality that we have to create a new Design System library and update the XD files as needed. That's what we're doing. Many of the XD files were already a mess from when Adobe deprecated component linking, so hey, what's a few more broken links?

I'd already had our team opt out of Adobe Cloud Documents for concern about losing work, performance and being at the mercy of Adobe's decisions, and this was a stark confimation of that decision. I just wish I could do it for Design Systems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beckyv11189297,

Thank you for your patience. We would like to follow up on your issue. Is your issue is resolved now?

Feel free to update the discussion.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for following this up.  If I'm honest, no the issue isn't resolved, the situation hasn't changed, all the files and shared access from our original accounts are still sat on the 'personal' accounts and are not visible on our business profile without us manually moving and relinking each one.  As it is we've just taken our own backups of the XD files, both shared and our own, as a work around so that should we need them and the personal profile is finally shut down, we still have access to the designs. It would still be great if our files could be properly transferred to the business profile, but we've come to terms with the fact that this is unlikely to ever get resolved properly. As with all those in this chain who have had the issue and many others who are not, I had hoped for better from Adobe. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, beckyv11189297 for sharing the honest feedback. I have escalated your concern with the team and they are looking into the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i have also the same problems. Furthermore it's not possible for me to select the existing library to fix the broken links. See the attached video and my discription below.

• I downloaded the files from the private account and upload them to the new company account. (The XD library file still excists in my private account)
  • If i open the XD file with the linked asserts from my company account the links are broken. If i click the red broken link icon it is not possible to choose the library, as you can see in the video. It seems that there is an issue.
  • If i click the red broken link icon a layer pops up and i can choose "search libraries". If i click "search libraries" the cloud manager opens and a notification layer pops up and disappears instandly. Then an empty space is displayed. I would expect to see all my published libray files which i could choose.

What else can i do to fix my broken links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some of the people behind XD.

https://www.getcloudapp.com/blog/adobexd-cc-experience-design/

It might be worth trying to get a hold of some of the people steering the boat. Sometimes these problems just get swept under the rug. I had the same issue with all of my XD files. I want to love XD, but this isn't acceptable for professional software. I am definitely considering Figma. I won't have cloud issues, and I know that their color profiles will be in SRGB without having to change my entire monitor profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

it seems that I have a very similar, if not the same problem.

Has there been any solution to this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines