• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a button be animated but still a link?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been working with microinteractions and states for the first time, and I've run into a problem that I feel like shouldn't be an issue...

Is it not possible to have a button component with an interaction (say, when you press it it changes color), and still be a link to another page?

What I want:

The ability to have a component button on a page that has a set interaction (such as changing color when tapped), but can still also be wired up to link to another page (eg: click button, button changes color, transitions to the linked other XD page).

I've made a simple XD doc that shows how I'd like the button to link and then how I would like it to appear when pressed.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have this option available in XD however we have received a similar request on XD UserVoice Page, which you can refer to here https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40202428-one-singl...

Please vote for the request to add voice to the feature. In addition to this as a workaround you can achieve similar animation by using the combination of two triggers, Hover and Tap. You can use hover trigger to change color and then to animate from the hovered state to the different artboard you can use tap trigger.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future.

Regards

Rishabh

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines