• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I have image fit options for when I drag and drop an image into a mask in XD?

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a fit behavior when I drag and drop an image into a mask? XD always completely fills the mask, cropping out any content that is too tall or wide. Fit options, typically fit, fill and stretch, are pretty standard elsewhere, including InDesign, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something.

As context, I'm building a component where I need to drop in a new icon image for every instance, and this component is going to be used all over the place. Unless I'm missing something, I'm going to need to reize the icon image every single time I create a new instance of this component.

Help will be much appreciated!

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

For anyone following this thread, here's a link to the appropriate feature request:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17937859-auto-mask-behavior-options

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chassy,

Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately we don't have the feature to fit the image.
You can raise a feature request.
Thanks & regards,

Chaitanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChassyYou can use plugin Mask fit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like it would be just the right thing, but it seems broken. I get this same error regarless of what I do.

Screenshot  7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This mask work with Ctrl+m mask, that is compound with two layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chassy,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion. As rightly said by Chaitanya, submit a request on our XD UserVoice. Please submit your idea here: Adobe XD: Feature Requests: Top (2850 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests &amp; Bugs, and share the link here for tracking purposes.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone following this thread, here's a link to the appropriate feature request:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17937859-auto-mask...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines