• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I transfer ownership of the XD Cloud Document?

Participant ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Over the last 6 months I have been working with my collegue on a prototype using an Abobe XD cloud document.

I am leaving the project that I am currently on and need to make sure my collegue is not interrupted in any way.  I shared the prototype link initially and since then he has not been able to share the prototype - he ends up having to ask me.  (I think I have somehow become the "Owner").

What is the proper procedure in this case?  I have searched and cannot seem to find anything.

Thank you.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Hi Doug,

currently, it is not possible to transfer ownership of the document. On this page, there is a case very similar to yours: Change owner of cloud document

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

currently, only the owner of the file can create and update the link of the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, understood.  How do a transfer ownership though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug,

currently, it is not possible to transfer ownership of the document. On this page, there is a case very similar to yours: Change owner of cloud document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

!! Please prioritize transferring or sharing permissions to update already generated links to view files in a browser. !!

Not having this capability is totally impractical and a real pain point for designers, developers, prioject teams, project managers, and executives. EVERYONE!!!! Please fix this asap.

No transfer/reassignment of file admin/ownership permissions poses problems when a person leaves the company. I am working for a large corporation where the previous creator and owner of a mission critical XD file left the company. I took over the UX design aspects of the project but cannot update any of the previous employees XD file links that have been shared throughout the entire company downstream/upstream and with contracted dev services. I cannot just create a copy of a file and generate a new link when the old original link exists in multuple locations and some unknown... I cannot access these and change out the link to a new one.
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.14.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines