• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download an XD file from Creative Cloud

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on the actual earth is happening here? Local folder sync is not an option for me and I need to access an XD file stored in the cloud. 

It was someone else's file -- is this a permissions thing? It's a shared folder so I have no idea why it wouldn't work just like the other sketch files in this folder. 

Please tell me there is a solution that doesn't involve locally syncing our huge Creative Cloud fileset.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. As per the screenshot you are on https://assets.adobe.com/files so any files that are synced here are also available on your computer in the Adobe Creative Cloud file folder. So please navigate to the Creative Cloud files folder and try accessing the file. Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Rishabh_Tiwari_0-1608319135325.png

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh! Thank you so much for your reply.

As I noted in my original post, local creative cloud folder sync is not an option for me at this time (it takes up too much space on the computer in question and it becomes unusable). 

I need a way to access the file via the Assets section of Creative Cloud web. The file is there. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to download it, when I have edit permissions to this folder. Why has Adobe disabled downloads of XD files from CC web? What is the workaround that doesn't involve local file sync? If Adobe were to enable selective local file sync that might be a good solution for me, but I can't sync our whole library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines