• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure out how to share colors, styles, and components

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with colors, styles. components and artboards.  Want to re-use the document assets these in multiple projects - and be able to edit them in one place too!  Seems to be exactly what the cloud is for, right?

But...

From document assets, I click share, and create a library.  About 10 minutes later it shows up in my creative cloud library browser but it is empty, there is nothing in it.

However, in my library browser when I look at the my work with original project I see all the document assets.

I'm sure this is really easy...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this feature work or doesn't it?  If we can't have a shared library of assets and components we're going to use another tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares

I'm confused.  Your link says:

Note: Currently, you can’t add content to a library from within XD.

But this link https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.ug.html

has title section "Share and publish assets" that takes one here https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-creative-cloud-libraries-xd.ug.html which says I can share document assets from XD across multiple projects or teams.

It doesn't seem right that we can create a corporate style guide inside XD (Colors, Fonts, components) and have to re-create this for every project from scratch.  How are other people handling this?  

If that's true XD is a single user single web site at a time design tool I just can't accept that, there has to be an easy way to share document assets between projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to recreate the style guide for every single project is just completely unacceptable....  Do actual designers build this stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clear that you CAN do this, as the shared UI templates from Apple do it.  

It's very frustrating to pay for products and not be able to use them because the help sucks and the community isn't active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments and ideas. Can I ask you to admit your idea to  adobexd.uservoice.com This is the best place to send us feature requests. Your contributions can help us shape the future of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a new feature, Ares.  It's a very simple basic function of the product that is clearly already there, but the documentation doesn't explain at all how to use it plus the documentation actually contradicts itself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines