• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Document (Error 2148)

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a document that is shared with us by someone, me and my co-worker both individually get the error:

"Close and reopen the document to continue working. If you see this message again, access this document’s history to save a copy of a previous version. (Error 2148)"

This is one error of many we get all the time. At other times the problem turns around, where we can open the document but the original owner can't open anymore. What is going on??? How is it possible to mess up a file like that. There's barely a week where we don't have any trouble with XD cloud documents.

I sometimes open an older version of the file from the assets in the cloud, but then all edits go to waste since they only get saved in a new file that I then am the owner of, but is not shared with anyone. Is this really the state of your cloud solution? Kinda defeats the purpose and makes me think why we pay for all those licenses for XD so we can collaborate, but then we can't collaborate b/c it won't work!??? Is there some kind of workflow that we missed? Do you have to be very careful who saves work when?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

We 'fixed' the problem by duplicating the document. With the duplicate we don't have the problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. While co-editing it's necessary for all the collaborators to have the latest version of XD, so please ensure all the collaborators have the latest version. If XD is already up to date, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  2. Is it happening with a specific file or all files?
  3. You can also try signing out from Adobe XD and Adobe CC Desktop app and then close CoreSync Process and all Adobe related processes from the Activity Monitor and check again after singing back in on the Adobe CC Desktop app and launching Adobe XD from there.
  4. Please collect and share system logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh & all,

This is Lulu. Recenly I got same issue regarding XD files can't open (Error:2148). That file is about shared files in design team.

I've tried signing out from Adobe XD and restall Adobe XD. As you see in attached images, not sure why still didn't work....

截圖 2021-11-09 上午11.08.01.png  截圖 2021-11-09 上午11.09.17.png

May anyone hlep us this issue? Much appreicated!

Warm regards,

Lulu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We have the same problem, but only with one file. It works on all other files.

Kind regards

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team is also having this issue. It appears to be only on certain documents and only certain users. We are not on latest version and cannot upgrade as we are enterprise and they do not allow individual users admin rights. We all have to be on the same version. We are on version 40.1.22.  We have tried logging out and back in again and also reinstalled the program with no luck. We will now attemp your steps above to include the deletion of core sync and see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We 'fixed' the problem by duplicating the document. With the duplicate we don't have the problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we (my team and i) have the same issue like discribed above In our case the document owner can't open the xd file anymore, it does not synchronise... and she can`t update reviesed flows. Both co-editors have access and can work with the current designs.

! This behaviour, by the way, is absolut inacceptable !

It causes so many annoying trouble and situations + a lot of extra work to fix/replace all shared links etc.

But apparently Adobe is not aware of this. Problem has ecisted since 2020... really sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kai24420546qr9q,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We understand how frustrating it could be. We will try our best to investigate the issue. We would need a few more details like-

• The OS and XD version.
  • Does that happen with a specific file? If yes, is it possible for you to share the XD file with me?
  • Please share the screenshot of the "About XD" info page.
  • Could you please share her Adobe ID from which she has created the file?
  • Have you tried signing out of XD and Creative Cloud and signing back in?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I have exactly the same issue, I did all the steps - like ending CoreSync processes, restarting, signing out and back in to cloud account, re-opening adobe xd - nothing helped. Please help me to resolve this, as I need to access this file to collaborate with my team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines