• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste from photoshop

Engaged ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy a bitmap from photoshop I can't paste it in XD. I've tried both using the keyboard commands and going to file menu to no avail.

It's definitely copying from photoshop as I can paste it back there but paste is greyed out in XD...

I've tried dragging and dropping too and I get a forbidden icon in XD when trying it.

The PSD file is RGB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mowglivj, as I see here:https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12869040-import-ph....   it is possible to open a PSD file in XD, pasting the solution:
"You can bring your Photoshop files into XD by simply opening a PSD file with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. Your file will automatically convert into a new XD file with your artboards, layers, and assets editable and at a high fidelity."
I never needed it but my fav feature is whenever I need to edit an image in XD, I right click it and select "Edit in PS" option, when I finish editing I save & close in PS and it gets updated in XD. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that's not what I meant. I've read online that you can cut and paste from photoshop to XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a new PSD file and something simple like just a solid rectangle of color? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, since I never tried it I thought just opening the PS file in XD and pasting from there would be a solution and wanted to share, I know it adds one more step but looks like it's the est solution for now, happy creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some unknown reason and having changed nothing on my side it suddenly works. I wish XD worked consistently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad it works, happy creating 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines