• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't type the letter 'ü' in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. When editing text in Adobe XD I can't type the letter ü/Ü.

My keyboard is a US ISO keyboard, it uses the US International keyboard layout within Windows, Windows itself is set to english, Adobe XD is also set to English.

I have to use the US International layout because that's the only way I found to be able to even type üÜ äÄ öÖ and so on (and yes this is a problem since I'm german). It uses the keyboard combination right_alt+y for ü and shift+right_alt+y for Ü. Both ä and ö work just fine within XD, it's really just the ü. It works fine outside all other programs without having to quit XD. This problem existed for quite some time now so I finally decided to write a post about it.

The only workaround I found is copy pasting from another window which is more than tedious.

I have ofc restarted XD, restarted the PC, reinstalled XD, reinstalled the Creative Cloud and so on. I'm certain that it's a bug within the software.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Hi Folkwang Schmiddy, hope you are doing well!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have logged a bug for this and you will be seeing the fix in the upcoming releases. However there is a workaround for this, you can use extended num keys keyboard and try with these shortcut keys for umlaut characters.

• ä : Alt + 0228
  • ö : Alt + 0246
  • ü : Alt + 0252
  • ß : Alt + 0223
  • Ä : Alt + 0196
  • Ö : Alt + 0214
  • Ü : Alt + 0220

Thanks & Regards,

Deepika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Folkwang Schmiddy, hope you are doing well!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have logged a bug for this and you will be seeing the fix in the upcoming releases. However there is a workaround for this, you can use extended num keys keyboard and try with these shortcut keys for umlaut characters.

• ä : Alt + 0228
  • ö : Alt + 0246
  • ü : Alt + 0252
  • ß : Alt + 0223
  • Ä : Alt + 0196
  • Ö : Alt + 0214
  • Ü : Alt + 0220

Thanks & Regards,

Deepika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines