Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we enable layers in design hand offs for developers in XD

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community, 
I have a product designed in XD. The developer working with me wants to see the layers through the link that I have shared with him. Currently the developer can see only the screen details, assets, colors, character styles and interactions through the link that I have provided him. Is it even possible to see layers through XD design hand off links that we generate for developers ? I remember when we used Photoshop to InVision everyone can see the layers, assets and comments. 

TOPICS
Design , How to , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

To add to what @Rishabh_Tiwari said, the short answer is no, unless you Right-click (Mac and PC) or Ctrl-click (Mac). There's no layers panel showing them all. But if it's a matter of selecting the correct layer, then refer to his comment and link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If  I understood it correctly, you are talking about this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33764023-design-sp...

If yes, we’ve now introduced right-click as well as the ability to hold CMD to drill down on layers. With these two features, one can select any layer in the artboards that you are inspecting. 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to what @Rishabh_Tiwari said, the short answer is no, unless you Right-click (Mac and PC) or Ctrl-click (Mac). There's no layers panel showing them all. But if it's a matter of selecting the correct layer, then refer to his comment and link.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines