Copied

Se pueden inseryar videos MP4 en XD

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Xemein

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We now support video playback in XD. We would request you to please update XD to the latest version ( XD 45).  

For more details on the latest features please visit our What's new page.

Happy Max 🙂

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a workaround for gifs. It's a bit impractical but if your client NEEDS see animation, this may work. Take a look at the top nav bar animation of the revolving orb. This doesn't use auto-animate.

You MUST view in full. For some reason YouTube crops videos funny. https://youtu.be/X1fFTP2EE_I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! How did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I guess I just figured it out 😄

Cool!  Have you used time-triggered overlay animation for each frame? It seams to work, but with some flickering between frames. :-S How did you solve it?

Here is my sample XD file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQGKCnQHMJ6LWzmG2oQbm2jivR4NpwrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. The solution is to use Trigger>Time>.1 Action Type>Transition, PRESERVE SCROLL POSITION (sorry for yelling, but without this checkbox on, you won't get good results.), Animation>none.

Here's my source file. The layers are a mess, but you can deconstruct it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G5rFjVbYnwxUzWMNFbP7t0T5zT_ga4nK/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I see what you meant writing "It's a bit impractical" 😄

Bu seams to be nacassary to make it run smoothly. However, dublicating the whole artboard could be really a mess. Maybe using instancing could make it easear to keep it "editable" (editing first artboard will edit all). Like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n0quBHDKvIFYbLcIO0KfQFh0qu6eAvFK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the file and for sharing your approach!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see what you mean! I realized that your approach would be necessary (making components) to keep everything easier to edit when going back. Actually, in my new home board, I have components within components nested down to the bottom. This way the only this you'd need to change is the animating object from board to board. I have (hopefully) 700 boards for 10 seconds of animation so using components makes things as simple as you can make it. Glad to share, hope it helps! ivanstudios.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the updated source file guys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQGKCnQHMJ6LWzmG2oQbm2jivR4NpwrC/view?usp=sharing

ivanstudios.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Figma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aug 2022 - How has this not been added to XD yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it still not possible to add a video to a prototype in Xd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature, its going to be important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes, we understand this is one of the top voted feature and as you can see the status of the uservoice page shared above has been changed to feature started. So definitely the team is working on it. I would request you to please stay tuned to the uservoice page for updates.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Anima plug-in. To view, though, it takes you out of the XD enviironment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6-ziZePWo&feature=youtu.be

It's a pain but until they figure it out...

ivanstudios.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this functionality to Adobe XD. So disappointed this isn't available yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, too bad this is still not in there. Such a basic feature which is used by many of us designers and developers during prototyping. I just can't believe this is still not there. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This critical feature was first suggested as a new feature in March 2016. Somehow it took another three years to make it onto the development 'start' list. Nearly 2 years after that... we're still waiting!!!

Seriously Adobe, this is just laughably bad. This is far and away the most requested idea in Adobe XD, yet in 5 years it's still not here?  The lack of any meaningful feedback on progress is also frustrating.  Should I wait another year, or simply use another prototyping platform?  I don't understand the need to be so opaque about such a fundamental feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more with you all, I posted a comment on this back in December 2019 and still no movement on this. I'm considering moving over to Figma at this rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,
unfortunately you don´t answer on your feature-request page.
Request for import videos & animated GIFs is
requested since March 2016,
"feature started" status since March 2019,
has most votes:10789
Why is there no progress? We simply want a simple animation import? At least give us a feedback.
NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may checkout 2 of my workarounds - a spinner as XD-file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_XBQ8TY-omfPvubLdslKHnYufkk2StZ/view?usp=sharing
It might help in some cases but unfortunately workarounds are blocking other actions on artboard like autoanimations or keyevents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have any official word by when this feature will be available. Having said that, let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned to the UserVoice request for any updates.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved my designteam away from Xd. You guys are not listening to the community and their needs. For us, other platforms do way better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested to see what you moved to. I can understand that mp4 files might be a lot to work with but I think it's ridiculous that I could put a motion gif file into an email signature, and yet somehow an adobe software won't allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised I'm only getting to this now. But recently I've been doing a lot of UX work and thought I could trust XD to do it. I can't believe that auto-animate is the only way for me to illustrate page transitions and animations within the layout. This is a feature that is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines