• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can XD share a single Navigation Bar with Links

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a shared navigation for a webpage prototype.

1. It would look the same throughout every page (similar to a symbol)

2. The visual would change when I changed the master image. (similar to a symbol)

3. The links would change when I changed the master links. (similar to links inside an Overlay)

The navigation would be similar to the way an "Overlay" action would work except that it would always remain on the page instead of animating in.

Is this possible in XD?  I can not find this in any tutorial or document.

The only solution is to copy and paste all the links to every page I create.  If I have edits, then I must recopy every link on each page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freds007,

I guess we have an interesting situation here and it appears that you have got the closest workaround here. I tried to replicate the situation at my end. Here is what I have tried.

• I have created a navigation bar (artboard) and made it a symbol.
  • I added interaction page titles.
  • I pasted a navigation bar with interactions to all the artboards.

As its a symbol I can make edits and it reflects across all artboards. It's just the interactions which don't change with symbols edits. Therefore, if you are able to create perfect interactions once you may be able to use the navigation bar as per your desired results. 

And yes, it's not very different from your workflow. You may also share your feedback here: - Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and update this discussion with thread so that we can keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup same issue here I hope they add the feature soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines