• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you publish directly from XD?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking forward to trying out XD, I have a project a simple responsive website for friends band, basically a playable music playlist. My question is can I publish directly to the host server (root) from XD? Or do I have to export to Dreamweaver or Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Hi Diggaditch8,

XD is a prototyping tool that allows you to export assets to web design software. You will still need to use a web design tool such as Dreamweaver and Muse to create and publish your websites.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diggaditch8,

XD is a prototyping tool that allows you to export assets to web design software. You will still need to use a web design tool such as Dreamweaver and Muse to create and publish your websites.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Preran, when you export to Dreamweaver or Muse, are the prototype links still intact or must they be re-linked, also do you export one art board at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the prototype links are intact. You will have to relink them using code in Dreamweaver or Muse.

For exporting artboards, see Adobe Experience Design (Preview) Help | Export design assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem like you can access any of the components, or original imagery once in Dreamweaver or Muse, in order to reconnect pages or use XD's actions.  The link between XD and other Adobe products in order to publish as an actual web page seem like an integral part in making it an extremely powerful product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the principal reason for not having direct access to the original assets created in XD is related to the fact that Adobe wants to keep XD a low footprint software that can run quicker than other Adobe products.  XD seems to be simply a wireframing/mockup type of software that is only used to show clients and nothing more.  I agree with erict78393367 that it would be immensely more powerful if you could connect what you do directly to Dreamweaver or Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with erict...
Unless this software can export to Dreamweaver, it's only a substitute for a notepad and pen.  I would be expecting the export of CSS and HTML files before this software graduates from Beta.

-Bryce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to see this, you should upvote it in UserVoice: Export whole artboards (or entire project) as HTML – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly correct. Publishing assets from a program like XD is really useless in the grand scheme of things. Dropping into angular seems like an event handler away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do you get muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You may check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/muse/kb/install-Adobe-Muse-2017-0-4.html to install Adobe Muse.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you plan to allow to publish from Xd directly in the future (like some plugins for Sketch)?

Related question, do you plan to open Xd for third party plug ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing from XD directly into what format?

Also, you can upvote for extensions here: Allow Adobe XD to have third party plugins/extensions – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs It's something we're interested in, but we need feedback as to what types of extensions you'd like to see.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This program looks really cool... but that's about it. It seems counter intuitive and adds way more cost to your customer. Why would you spend all this time perfecting all the looks and links for different size mobile and tablet devices JUST to show your customer. Now that they have paid you to perfect everything, they now have to pay you or another web designer to do everything all over again. What if the capabilities of the designer or their design software can't match what the customer has already signed off on. What if you now miss a link or something especially with a complicated site. How easy is it for the web guy to go thru your prototype and figure out every little thing you did for them.

Can't MUSE set up a simple wire-frame mock up just the same? Yea it won't look that pretty but the end result is the same AND faster. I would rather set up my site in MUSE and make all the tweaks for the customer in MUSE and perfect it. Then when they OK it, all I have to do is publish it. It's hard enough (especially for small business) to get someone to pay you enough to do their website in the first place, forget about getting them to pay you to do it twice.

Doesn't seem like a good idea for web design "mock-ups". I don't know about mobile apps and such. Maybe it's better for that. But for web design, no thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just sent out an email update titled "Photoshop to prototype. Now in Adobe XD CC."
Link: Everything A Photoshop User Needs to Get Started in Adobe XD | Adobe Blog

It relates to importing Photoshop prototypes into XD.

I disagree with prioritizing the importing of design elements (Photoshop to XD) above the exporting of workable HTML, CSS and image files (XD to Dreamweaver).

Without the ability to export from XD, it's still just a glorified alternative to hand-sketching a design, and might be useful when selling the end product to a client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - it seems pretty pointless to be honest - and as one comment said, Adobe have removed Muse but not replaced it with anything comparable, yet subscription costs don’t seem to reflect the reduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even this long into the pointless situation, I still see it as remarkable within this thread--regarding publishing directly from XD--that even Adobe employees are still recommending completing the projects in Muse. As designers, we should still have the tools to complete projects for clients, rather than relying on a handoff of prototypes to developers/coders. Many of us don't have the luxury of such a team environment. MUSE, PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add one more note. I have just completed my first site with Sparkle Pro app and am very impressed. Imagine, designing a site and then getting to publish it or export the html! And like Muse before it ... no real coding required, although tweaking is possible. Am considering this for our university's Mac lab possibly this summer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines