• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change order of layers inside Repeat Grid

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started with the latest (December) updates to Adobe XD (now running on Windows Adobe XD version 3.1.12.2). Tested in both MacOS High Sierra and Windows 10, the layer order inside Repeat Grid -group cannot be changed by dragging layers with mouse. For other groups, symbols etc. it works as usual.

Edit: seems that layer unions have the same issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Have you tried the shortcuts to move forward and backward? On Mac, it’s Cmd, with bring all the way up and down the Z-order as ShiftCmd. On Windows, it’s Ctrl, and ShiftCtrl.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this issue myself. Annoying indeed.

The only solution - or workaround really - is to cut/paste the layer/s you wish to move to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the shortcuts to move forward and backward? On Mac, it’s Cmd, with bring all the way up and down the Z-order as ShiftCmd. On Windows, it’s Ctrl, and ShiftCtrl.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I had not... but it works, even on a Swedish keyboard where Cmd+ö and Cmd+ä did the trick.

Still, it must be considered a bug that you can't drag-and-drop the layers within the repeat grid, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replies, both workarounds do the trick. However it clearly is a bug, which started with one of the latest updates, so I won't mark the issue as solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using those commands but all it does is move the entire grid up and down or shift move them

How do you change the order inside the grid? Is it even possible?

Right now I have a text file in alphabetical order and want it to read down column to column but instead it's reading left to right, row by row instead of column to column

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worst thing is that when I create an object within the repetition grid, and its always positioned on top (first element) and then I press CTRL+Ö or Ä (german keyboard) I only have that element on the first object within my grid.

all other repeated elements do not have this kind of element anymore.

(therefore they are not repeated but bugged)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED

Select  Layer
Then  Use CTRL + [ OR  CTRL + ] Buttons

To Change Layer Order

Mouse Drag And Drop Not Working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally an answer to this. This works and should be listed as the correct answer. Thanks mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines