• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Drag drop component published in previous XD version to canvas in XD 49

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am unable to use the shared components from my library on other documents than the main one whilst my team members can in any document. Only a select few of the components will appear in the new document i roughly counted 5/100+. This is a huge problem since i am unable to use the UI-Kit i have created.

Details

• I am the owner and creator of the shared library
  • Adobe Xd 49.0.12
  • Library is a cloud document

Library is shared with

• Everyone members - Team
  • Me (can-edit)
  • Team member #2 (can edit)
  • Team member #3 (can view)

Document share

• Password link
  • Invitation link

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Yesterday I updated to XD v50.0.12 and this resolved the issue for me. I am now able to drag and drop items from my libraries as I was able to do before v49. Thank you, Adobe, for fixing this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update
For whatever reason the library only works if i install the older version 48.0.12 Adobe Xd, it is then possible to use the component library on other documents for me i can also use the newest version 49.0.12 then but if i uninstall 48.0.12 then the component library stops working again like in the attatched gif, how can i fix this and no keeping 48.0.12 installed is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here: my colleague can drag the design components I made onto an artboard, but not the ones she made and vice versa. We take the componets as well as icons and illustrations (same problem here) from shared library files (she's the owner). It is costing a lot of time that we cannot afford to lose. 

Nely created componets are not affected by this - but it is out of the question to recreate the whole design system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that manually updating a component makes it available, however there is no way to update all components of a library and we have over a hundred not to mention child components and making an arbitary change to everyone and then going back in and changing it for everyone would take days for us if not a week. The problem seems to be that components do not update to the newest version of Xd and when updating the library it only updates the component you made the changes to, not the entire library. I've spent the last four months creating a design system and this is really frustrating we cannot recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue can be fixed by unfollowing and following the library in question back again. This worked for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, we will try unfollowing then 🙂 

It is the same situation for us - we created this design system, mother and child components, and now we would not have the time to make these small changes (although we hd also tried that by changing the colour of a button and then changing it back to the original colour, and it ended up displaying the colour of a whole different button when dragged onto an artboard). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Switching to a new user and installing Adobe Xd fixes the issue on Windows. However i am still unable to fix the issue on my work account. I have tried uninstalling all Adobe products and running the creative cloud cleaner tool to no avail.

The reason seems to be because even though uninstalling and cleaning it still keeps the library file somewhere in Windows local storage. Reason being because the new Windows user had to download the library and then everything worked. On the work user it didn't have too meaning it has to be stored somewhere on the computer. Please let me know how i delete this file on my computer so that i can get Xd working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix
Since no representative takes on this case and wasting time in customer support i had to debug myself the issue for hours. The issue is fixed by unfollowing the library in question, and then re-following it, this will re-download the library for you and fix the issue. Make sure before doing so it's shared with you and or another person though so that you do not loose access to the entire library before doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the library owner unfollow though? We can't find that option for them 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar question. I am the only person on the team who uses XD, and I created the library, so I don't know how to fix this. Pretty big problem.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay in response. It is a known bug, and the team is working on this issue. You'll see improvements in the future releases of XD.

Workaround- Please make some edits on the component and republish it; it will work. Or, you may rename the Creative Cloud Libraries folder, which should resolve the issue for now.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking it as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Renaming the library didn't work for me, but making a copy of the library and renaming the copy did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was generated after updating the XD to the latest version

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution

1) Creative Cloud Desktop App > Your Libraries > Browse All (right top button) > Select the library having the issue > then click unfollow.
2) After a min click Follow.
3) Wait until the library re-added to your cloud by checking the cloud icon of cloud storage in creative cloud desktop app (right top cloud icon).

"This was a frustruating bug". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new component in my component library. Unable to drag the newly published componented from the Library into the document of my XD files. I can copy and paste the component but cannot drag from the Library panel onto the artboard.

No error is shown, no reason why.

{Title renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. The version of Mac or Win  which you are using.
  3. If it is happening with a specific file or multiple files, will it be possible for you to share the file with us?
  4. Is it possible to share a video of your workflow which you are working on so it will be useful to know your workflow and also help us to reproduce the issue from our end. Tried to reproduce your issue from our end on latest XD version-42.0.21.11 on Mac machine by, but I am able drag components on to canvas from the document assets/published libraries without any Issue, so please share the above mentioned  details.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. 

1. I'm on the latest version of XD, 42.1.22.4
  2. I'm on MacOS Catalina, v10.15.7
  3. it's happening with multiple files. some components work to drag into files, and others don't. none of the links are broken and the library is up to date.
  4. I have attached a video of the issue.

I work for a large organization with many designers utilizing our design library. This will become a major issue, especially next month when Adobe removes support for copying/pasting linked assets across documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Like many of the Adobe XD work arounds, close the program and reopen it.  I also recommend reinstalling Adobe XD once a week, in order to clean house.  I find that it helps.  This is not something that any user should have to do, but XD becomes very sluggish after extended use.  At least this has been my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I literally just solved the problem.

At least for me, the issue was my second background layer, a photograph. When I turn it to invisible as a default, the component does not work. Works perfectly fine when the photograph is visible as a default.

And it's really just specifically about the photograph. When I fill that same layer with a color, it doesn't matter if its visible or not.
I'm not sure this will also solve your problem, but I asked a few other people to try and the came up with the same results!

@Chethan Girish  Is there anywhere I can report this maybe, so it can be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand, what do you mean by "invisible as a default"?

We have the the same issue here in XD 44.1.12.5, running Big Sur 11.3.1.

There's nothing invisible in our components. They are basically just boxes with text in them or icons. Some of them can be dragged from the library onto the canvas, some can't. Only a restart of XD will fix it (for a while) like Willings said in a comment above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Most of my components work perfectly fine, for example one that is basically just a picture with a text box on top. But almost the same component doesn't work, where I just replaced the picture with a coloured box and the position of the text changed a bit.

I mean it's not a major issue but to correct it every time is time consuming in the long run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue. I can't drag any component from any library into a file. Dragging document assets from the file itself works fine. This seems to be an issue with XD version 49.0.12 on Windows. When I uninstalled that version, and installed 48.0.12, I was able to drag and drop components from libraries. However, I wasn't able to access any of the files I had created or edited since I installed 49.0.12, which includes all my libraries, as I was trying to troubleshoot this problem.

XD Version: 49.0.12

Here's a link to a video demonstrating the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/784f76d431184906a4e488537321cc2f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Cannot drag components from my library into any file. I reverted to XD 48 and it works again, but now I cannot open my newer files. 

Windows 10 Enterprise

XD 49.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Namon5F93 & Jenn23616135xij9,

Sorry for the trouble. It's a known bug, discussed here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unable-to-use-components-from-shared-library-in-....

Could you please try the workaround suggested in the post and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Windows 11. Can't drag from shared lib onto canvas any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been experiencing troubles when dragging and dropping components from libraries in XD. The feature works for some random assets but not for all. I have been having this issue for 2 weeks now, and some colleagues have told me the same. Is there any way to fix it or it is a bug that it is already in progress to be repaired? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines