Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Cannot drag component onto artboard from Library

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new component in my component library. Unable to drag the newly published componented from the Library into the document of my XD files. I can copy and paste the component but cannot drag from the Library panel onto the artboard.

No error is shown, no reason why.

TOPICS
Design, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD.
  2. The version of Mac or Win  which you are using.
  3. If it is happening with a specific file or multiple files, will it be possible for you to share the file with us?
  4. Is it possible to share a video of your workflow which you are working on so it will be useful to know your workflow and also help us to reproduce the issue from our end. Tried to reproduce your issue from our end on latest XD version-42.0.21.11 on Mac machine by, but I am able drag components on to canvas from the document assets/published libraries without any Issue, so please share the above mentioned  details.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. 

1. I'm on the latest version of XD, 42.1.22.4
  2. I'm on MacOS Catalina, v10.15.7
  3. it's happening with multiple files. some components work to drag into files, and others don't. none of the links are broken and the library is up to date.
  4. I have attached a video of the issue.

I work for a large organization with many designers utilizing our design library. This will become a major issue, especially next month when Adobe removes support for copying/pasting linked assets across documents.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue.  Like many of the Adobe XD work arounds, close the program and reopen it.  I also recommend reinstalling Adobe XD once a week, in order to clean house.  I find that it helps.  This is not something that any user should have to do, but XD becomes very sluggish after extended use.  At least this has been my experience.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines