• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot drop multiple SVG images into Repeat Grid, only first image is repeated

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropping multiple SVG files into a Repeating Grid always repeats just the first image. The others files are ignored. This works for PNG files without issue. Text also repeats as expected. It is only SVG files that do not repeat. I've tried many different things and cannot get multiple SVG files to appear in a Repeat Grid. What I did: Created a simple Repeat Grid by drawing one box, enabled Repeat Grid, and expanded it to eight boxes. I then selected eight SVG images on my hard drive in Windows Explorer and dragged them all onto the Repeat Grid. Each time I try this, only the first image in the group is repeated, as if I selected only ONE image. There is nothing special about the SVG files. Simple little images exported from Illustrator. This feels like a bug. I couldn't find any documentation indicating that Repeat Grid does not support SVG files. I'm running XD version 55.2.12.2 on Windows 11.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this issue which appears to be the same. Was this supposedly fixed?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unable-to-use-repeat-grid-with-svgs-in-adobe-xd/...

As stated above, I am not using a component, just a simple box that I enabled Repeat Grid for. This problem only happens with SVG files so far. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 57.1.12.2 and I am still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry for the delay in response. I can reproduce this issue on my end. I will get this checked with the team and will update the discussion as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience. I got confirmation from the team that this is a known limitation with SVG drag & Drop. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines