• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot view component states in Desktop Preview in XD.

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have been working on components for a project and they have been working fine up until I created three states within one component. When testing the interactions in Desktop Preview, they would not work.  I have force quit and reopened XD, restarted my Mac but the issue is still present (XD is also up to date).  For now my solution has been to recreate the components, however this is time consuming and I believe this to be a bug.

Thanks

M

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble viewing component states in XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• What is the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with this specific file?
  • Would you mind sharing a short video of your workflow?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and would love to know if there is a solution.
When I have a default state, hover state and third state which I assign to click I cannot test the compoent all the way through. I.e. If I select the default state of the component before I use desktop preview I can view the default and hover state in the preview. However I canot then click the component. If I select the third state of the component 'click' before using desktop preview I can click test the third state. 

I'm using Windows 10 and  XD 29.2.32 (although I have just updated and was having this problem in the previous version too). 

I have also tried adding an interaction to the hover state which transitions to click state and that hasn't helped fix the problem.

Thanks,
Kat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines