• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC app update crashed XD app and corrupted files

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today (October 4, 2023) at around 11:55 AM pacific time, there was an update to the Adobe CC desktop app on my computer. This update was focably pushed (I didn't get a choice or a warning). As a result, I was logged out of CC, which had the cascading effect of closing the XD app, along with all the files I had open at the time. When I logged back into CC and then re-opened XD, I discovered that none of the files I had open at the time of the crash will open again. When I try, the progress bar gets to about the 75% mark and then stalls forever.

I tried logging into CC online to access the file. Unfortunately, I cannot open any version of the file, and I mean ANY version, going all the way back to the oldest available version in the history. Quitting and relauncing the CC app and the XD app did not fix the issue.

I tried logging onto a different computer to open the files and was equally unsuccessful. The only difference is that when I try opening the files on the other computer, it gives me an error message instead of stalling on the progress bar. It's the Error 47 message, which I see from a Goolge search means that either the files no longer exist or that I don't have permission to open them. However, I created them, so I should has permission to open them.

Fortunately, I was able to download the files and open them locally. I could re-save them to the cloud, but this is terribly inconvenient as I had several share links from them that will need to be recreated and reshared. Ugh!

Since I can download and open them locally, that leads me to believe that the cloud version of the file is actually not corrupt. If that's the case, then what's the problem? More importanly, what's the solution?!?!?!

Info:

Version of the app: CC 6.0.0.571; XD 57.1.12.2

Platfom and OS version: MacOS Ventura 13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines