• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes in shared document magically disappear, despite not showing problems with syncing.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to be as descripitive as possible in the title, but essentially what happened was this: 

I have a shared cloud document with a coworker. The document has been open on both our computers without closing for a couple of days. I have been doing design changes in the document, and it has shown no signs of sync issues or otherwise. When I came back to work the next day I saw that some of the latest changes I did the day before was no longer there. Keep in mind, I had not closed the document. Just left my desk in the afternoon and opened my computer the day after. I thought this was a bit weird and checked document version history, but none of the synced versions had the latest changes in it. But I kept on working in the same document for a couple of hours before I had a meeting. Again, XD did not provide any signs of issues with syncing whatsoever. The document remained open in XD until I finished the meeting and started working in the document again. This time too, all of the changes I had done since I started working that morning, was lost. There were no versions in document history from around the time i stopped working to go into a meeting. Latest version was from that morning. I asked my coworker whom the document is shared with, and he too had had the document open but without making any changes to it, and was unable to see any other versions that had these changes saved. 

So it seems that at least half a day of working is lost and aparently not possible to retrieve through version history. In fact, it seems that the document has not synced properly, even though there has been no signs of sync issues. 

Is this an issue with shared documents? Is there a way to retrieve lost changes?

TOPICS
Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a paid plan or a free plan? There are some coediting limitations on the free plan:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we are both on paid plan (CC subscription). My account is the owner of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Esben248121088lfe,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the requested info. A few details would be super helpful-

• Are you logged in with the right Adobe ID from which you've made the changes in the file?
  • Are you able to see the missing assets on http://assets.adobe.com?
  • Check in Deleted folder on Creative Cloud Web at http://assets.adobe.com/deleted.
  • Please check if you have enough free storage available on Creative Cloud.
  • Is your coeditor able to see the changes in the file on his machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

yes, it is the same ID.

Well, yes. The asset – the document in which these changes are missing – is there. 

I am not able to locate any of the missing artboards or changes in the deleted folder. 

I am on the enterprise plan with 1TB of storage. 

No, my coworker is unable to see any of these missing artboards or changes on his computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the requested info. We would need some additional info to investigate better.

• Would you be able to share the names of the folders? This information helps us to locate data.
  • Do you see the issue with one document or multiple documents?
  • Did you have any connectivity problems while working with the document before encountering the issue?
  • How long have you been using the Adobe application on the current system?
  • Do you have another system logged with the same Adobe Id?
  • Were there any changes made to your Adobe subscription plan (like upgrade or renewal, plan change, etc.)?
  • Do you have any Antivirus, cloud backup, OneDrive, iCloud backup (or similar software) on the system? If yes, please tell us the name of the software and check for their backups
  • Does anybody else have access to your Adobe account?

Please share logs with the help of the Log Collector tool and the XD file. Upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox, and share the URL with me over a private message.

We will make every effort to assist you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines