Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing all fonts at once in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to change type of my fonts on an/all artboards, in XD.

Is there anyway to do so ?

When I choose to shoe all text layers in the layer pane, It does not let me to select multiple Layers at once.

Think it would be a great features for whom they have not used Character Styles from the begining, to change fonts at once in XD.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Hi There, 

You can change it by adding that font in asset panel and edit that character style from asset panel, it will get reflected in every place where you used that font.

For more reference please check https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/how-to/change-design-styles-across-artboards.html

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

You can change it by adding that font in asset panel and edit that character style from asset panel, it will get reflected in every place where you used that font.

For more reference please check https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/how-to/change-design-styles-across-artboards.html

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no way we can change the font-family of all the styles which are added in asset panel. We have to edit them one by one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team,

How can i change entire all artboards font in my design project ? For example I used Roboto font in all 120 artboard designs now I want to change font to Poppins in entire artboards in One click. Present in XD we can change font manually in Document assets - Character style pannel, here font accepting only one font family and one color of text, but I need to change all Roboto font to Poppins. I need very urgent to change this font, can't to do manually in 120 artboards because I used multiple font family sizes and colours of text. Please let me know ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work around is:
1. Delete the associated local font or disable it.
2. Reopen your XD file and than you should see the missing font pannel widget 
3. Reassign to the new font family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saved me lots of effort, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing it one by one is obvious. The question is more related to changing a font family at once for multiple styles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you just make illustrator with UI tools, XD sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooook... so, after hours working on a design system, my customer decided to change the base type of font, and the color. I've made at least 20 different character styles. Does it mean that I have to multiply by 20 all the time invested to edit manually each individual text style? It means for sure more than 30 minutes...

Tediously manually setting the font by searching through the infinite dropdown list, and write manually the color (no way to select it from your swatches), is done at least in one minute. Even prone to errors, as with this high contrast and minimalistic XD interface is cognitive difficult to distinguish anything after your fifth change.

As usual, XD is still a buggy beta app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivaji_0-1664956434605.png

use this plug in

Shivaji_1-1664956478504.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks work it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this plugin looks just what we need but I cant seem to find it when I google for it, do you have a link you could send through? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pippal15711948,

Thank you for reaching out. You can find the plugin by going Browse Plugin within XD app and then search for Global Font Replace Font. It should give you the plugin results in the right, as shown in the screenshot below.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1677248983229.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika, I have managed to download it now 🙂 I however, cant seem to get it to work... there are only a couple of buttons to try so I cant see why, but would you be kindly able to do a step by step, so i can check i am taking the right method? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. You are able to download the plugin. Now you can select an item that has the font you want to copy, then select an item that uses the font you want to replace. 

Step 1: Copy the font.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_1-1677282192417.png

Step 2: Select the other text and Press Mark for Replacement

HARSHIKA_VERMA_5-1677282557449.png

Step 3: Press Global font Replace.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_6-1677282695928.png

The text was successfully replaced with the copied font.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_4-1677282434396.png

If that doesn't help, please reach out to GitHub page: https://github.com/adamcoulombe/Global-Font-Replace-for-Adobe-XD?mv=product&mv2=accc for further assistance.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is is that every time I need the most BASIC function imaginable, which is for some inexplicable reason not present in the system, something to the level of "selecting multiple layers at one", I always find myself in a page like this with someone requesting the same BASIC function 2 or even 4 years old, and nothing has been done?!

XD is a broken app they make us pay for, I wouldn't touch with a mile long stick if some customers, trapped in the Adobe net, would not request it. Figma is light years ahead this trash because they listen to their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines