• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Nested Component in States Don’t Save -- Is this a bug?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have Master Button Component and inside I have a master “+” icon component that’s white, and for each state I change the “+” icon component to be a different color, when I go to drag the Button Component from the library, the states do not retain those “+” icon component color changes.

Instead, all states show me the standard “+” icon in its master white. The only way it retains is if I copy from the master component.

Is this a defect or were changing components just not intended to work that way inside of states?

For reference it looks like this:

Master Button Component With Master “+ Icon” Component inside

State 1: “+ Icon” component changed to blue

State 2: “+ Icon” component changed to black

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your problem. But it's not a defect. It's a known limitation right now. If you are creating a component with multiple states and added the component in the CCLibrary then only the Default state will be preserved. We are working on this to overcome the limitation.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards, 

Abhishek Das(Adobe XD Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your problem. But it's not a defect. It's a known limitation right now. If you are creating a component with multiple states and added the component in the CCLibrary then only the Default state will be preserved. We are working on this to overcome the limitation.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards, 

Abhishek Das(Adobe XD Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when can we expect to see this feature?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team, It would be great if  you guys can fix that issue asap, because me and my team also facing same issue, it's very annoying when place the buttom from the library and have to change color each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leela,

Sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you're looking for similar functionality mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com... If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

I will also make sure to pas on your feedback with the team for making improvements in future.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines