Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character error

Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The auto-named characters generated under mac system are displayed as garbled code in windows.

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the delay in response. A few more details would help us investigate the issue.

• Please tell us the version of XD installed on both Win11 and macOS.
  • Could you please try changing the XD language to English and share the results?
  • Does that happen with every file? 
  • Have you checked the same on the windows 10 machine?
  • Have you tried signing out of XD, the Creative Cloud Desktop app, restarting the machine, and signing back in?

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Chinese user and there is no way to switch to the English interface (the system doesn't let me choose the language related settings), I have Creative Cloud Desktop (5.9.0.373) and XD (55.0.12) in both Mac and Windows 11 operating systems.

The problem should be the conversion of characters in different systems, the same characters do not exist in Figma in both MAC and Windows 11 operating systems.

The characters in the Chinese character set  under MAC will become garbled characters under window 11.

MacOS: "–"

Windows 11: cong8341_0-1667028082669.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the requested info. I found this post which is similar to your issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-display-chinese-character-in-the/2....

Please check and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you didn't understand what I mean, I am a Chinese user, both win11 and macos are Chinese environment, no need to install any Chinese language pack again.

The second thing I want to express is that in the Title text of artboard, the individual characters generated under macOS will become garbled under win11, not all Chinese characters are garbled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same time, I give the suggestion that the Title text in the artboard should not generate the "-" separator according to the current language, but use the same "-" character in the English character set as the separator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User,

Sorry for the confusion. I am checking this with the team and will get back to you as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if there is a corresponding solution, I've been plagued by this problem between the two operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines