• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Documents doesn't work on Windows 10 (virtual machines)

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO idea how nobody has posted this before! Need help with virtual Windows 10 machine issue we're seeing company-wide. 

Some of our collaborators in XD use Macs, and some use PCs only, and some of us have both. So we need to be able to create, edit, and share cloud documents across both platforms. The thing is, all of us that have access to PCs, our PCs are virtual machines only (we don't have physical computers -- even when physically in the office, we're using thin clients to access the remote desktops, though we can also obviously remote into our PCs from our home computers, both PCs and Macs).

So when we log into the Windows 10 version of XD, and go to Open > Cloud documents, nothing is there at all. For any of us. (We know permissions are correct because sometimes it's our own files that we can't see, and the files are there in assets.adobe.com, and many of us have Macs we can see the files on). 

Help??

(64-bit, x64 processor, Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1809, OS build 17763.1098 -- specs are for my Windows 10 VM only, not my colleagues necessarily)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Thank you for sharing the additional information. I received your log files. I have logged a bug for your issue so that the team can start working on your issue.

I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

We are sorry to hear you're having trouble opening cloud documents in XD on windows virtual machine. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Would you mind telling us since how long you're facing this issue?
  • The screenshot of your about your XD info page.
  • Is it happening on all the virtual machine?
  • Is it possible for you to share your Adobe ID, phone number and location with me over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika! Apologies for the delayed reply. Yes. 

• My colleagues have been experiencing this since mid-2019, I have been experiencing it since February.
  • I'm not sure what page exactly you mean. Here is the version information screenshot -- is that right?  shannonc25577773_0-1588593612890.png
  • Yes it is happening on all our virtual machines. For those of us with physical Mac computers, Cloud documents works fine. 
  • Yes I will DM you. 

Thank you so much and please let me know what other information I can provide! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Would you mind confirming if you're working on an enterprise network? We have the current XD version available as (28.8). Could you please update and let us know if that helps?

Have you tried logging out of CC desktop and log back in and see if that helps?

It would be really helpful if you can share the Adobe XD log file using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a PM.

I will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Confirming enterprise network. Just updated and the problem is still happening, though the program seems even more laggy than before. I still can't create or save XD Cloud documents, which means every time I want to exit the program I either have to save a local file or force-quit. 

Yes I have tried logging out of CC and logging back in. I will work on the log file collector with my company's IT department as I don't have permissions to run the exe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! I DM'd you the log files.

And, I forgot to say, thank you so much for your help so far! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. I received your log files. I have logged a bug for your issue so that the team can start working on your issue.

I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your patience. As per the information received from the team they found that you are running into this because you're logging into a machine with a roaming profile, and which is not configured it so that the cloud cache (which is under AppData) is available on the machine.

Please see this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/folder-redirection/deploy-roaming-user-profi... would help in creating roaming profiles so that the ACPL cache gets stored on the external/network drive.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Harshika. I will get this information back to our IT group and see if they can work with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Please let us know if the issue is resolved. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved with the help of IT team so that I can close the bug at my end?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika! I'm so sorry about the delay -- they changed my profile from roaming to local but they said it would take a few logins for it to reflect. They recommended I shut down each night and then report back on Monday. So far after one reboot I don't see cloud documents yet. I will report back next week. Thank you so much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, following up — 

I still don't see any cloud documents. I also updated XD to the latest version. ETA: Turns out they didn't successfully change my profile to local yet. Stand by!  (Confirmed 6/8 I have a local profile now). 

One thing is different though -- when I attempted to CREATE a cloud document on this virtual machine, it gave me a new error: code 3641. Before, it would let me create the document but it wouldn't save it (it would freeze XD and I'd have to force-quit the program).

Screenshot attached. Please let me know if this leads to any new instructions for me to attemptxd-cloud-screenshot_6-1-20.png

Thank you so much,

Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the delay in response. I have forwarded the same information to the team for further investigation. In the meantime, could you please try the steps mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-3635-cannot-create-new-document-in-xd/td-p/10699520?pa...?

Let me know if that help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika! Following up -- confirmed with my company's IT department that my profile has been updated to local. I'm attempting to uninstall and reinstall CC and XD and will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shannon,

Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved or not?  Please let me know if you need further assistance from us.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shannon,

It's been a while we haven't heard from you. Would you mind updating the discussion here so that we can go ahead and close the bug?

Please let us know if your issue is resolved. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika, thank you so much for following up. I apologize for the delayed reply as this has been somewhat tricky!

Unfortunately the issue is not resolved. When I attempt to access my cloud documents, I see the attached screenshot/error message. I have updated and restarted several times, including uninstall/reinstall 2x, and no luck. I am not sure whether I need to be speaking with my internal software managment team or with Adobe. 

Is there any other insight you or your team can provide? I would be so grateful.

cloud-docs-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've mentioned that your running MS Windows in a virtualized environment.

You also mentioned that the problem is not manifesting in macOS but it does  in MS Windows 10,.

I think the problem is in the compatibility layer used and/or the operating system containerized apps.

My question is, where is MS Windows 10 virtually hosted? Is it hosted on a mac? Linux? 

What type of server or computer  is hosting such virtualization?

In any case, Are you using a 64bit compatibility layer? or a 32 bit compatibility layer?

OR, are you actually using a  Windows Emulator (i.e. Microsoft Emulator with dual-screen )

From what I'm observing (and I may be wrong) Adobe XD is a full 64bit app. But even though MS Windows 10 is full 64bit OS, the app containers used in a virtualization are not. They all operate in 32bit mode.

If my assumption would be correct, I  would check this with your IT and see what needs to be addressed  to overcome the 32bit app containers barrier imposed by MS Windows 10 itself to begin with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines