Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Picker Issue and Stroke Color

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
I ran into two problems with XD on mac (10.15.7), …

… the first issue is—most probably— one of a choice made while programming the color system: Is there any way to make the color picker work, without setting your display color profile to sRGB (which looks way of on my display)? If I'm using another color profile, the color picker picks wrong hex values from the color swatches. Why does XD go over the OS to pick colors and by doing so get influenced by color profiles applied, rather than handling it internally and operate by hex-values, which are a definitive value?

… the second issue is one of lack of knowledge: Is there a way to use color swatches to apply colors to strokes/lines, too? For me the method of clicking on a swatch while having an object selected only works for the fill and not the stroke?

thanks and bye!
David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David, can't comment on the picker issue, but for applying a color to the stroke, with the shape selected, you can right click on the color in the assets panel and select 'Apply border color'. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a shortcut for doing that like holding a modifier and clicking on it, but I would also like it if there was one 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines