• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color picker picks up the light color in Adobe XD.

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS:バージョン10.15.1

AdobeXD:バージョン 24.1.22

スポイトで色を拾うと少し薄い色を拾っています。

Photoshopのように細かい設定がないので、この場合はどうすればよいのでしょうか。

これから、アンインストールしてからインストールを試してみます。

Translate by mod.
When I pick up the color with a dropper, I pick up a little lighter color. Since there is no detailed setting like Photoshop, what should I do in this case?
Now try uninstalling and then installing XD app.

スクリーンショット 2019-11-11 18.35.06.png

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Moderator notes
This post was written in Japanese. However, although many answers are received, there are no answers in Japanese.
This thread may be more useful globally than Japanese. and moved it from the Japanese community to the global community.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble picking up color with the color picker which in turns picks up the light color. We would request you to please try launching your window from your native display. If that doesn’t work, you may try switching your monitor in your Display settings to sRGB.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

【解決済み】

返事が早くてとても助かります。

アップルの「設定」→「ディスプレイ設定」→「各モニターのカラーをsRGB」

に変更することで解決しました。

スポイトの色がモニターに起因することを初めて知りました。

ただ、今までこのバグが起きていなかったので、

アップデートで改善されることを待っています。

ありがとう。

スクリーンショット 2019-11-12 10.06.34.png

ありがとうございました。

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last, it works!!!
Thanks a lot, @Harshika Verma for solving this problem
I talked to 2 of your agents on phone and also on chat but they were unable to find out the solution
Thanks again for solving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently enabled 10-bit color on my display from Nvidia Control Panel to utilize it while working on certain files in Photoshop. However, when I open up Adobe XD while the 10-bit output is enabled, the colors got all weird in the color picker and it's not displaying correctly. Though, I noticed this only in color picker. Colors rendered on canvas are rendered properly I'd say. Please note that in Photoshop everything works great.

This is how color picker looks like when the 10-bit display is enabled:

kuzmanovicd_0-1590764977702.png

Any way to fix this without disabling 10-bit colors on my graphic card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with color picker not showing darker colors. Would you mind trying to launch your window from your native display. If that doesn’t work, you might try switching your monitor in your Display settings to sRGB?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and thanks to your post, I'm pretty sure here that it does just 10bit color depth on a better monitor. I also have an AORUS FI27-P 10bit and since then it has been so angry. So this would work because adobe XD obviously doesn't support such monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the reason.

If you use a external 4K monitor  with hidm port 2.0 as me,  just switch to DP port(if your monitor has this type of port).

微信截图_20200908084721.png

now everthing goes well~

微信截图_20200908084645.png

hope this works for you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your observation, Changwei5F95. Hope this will help our customer with the same settings. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately this does not work on my monitor. Due to 165Hz, the AORUS FI27-P monitor is always connected to the DisplayPort. (I don't use HDMI at all) Unfortunately I still have the same problem. If I have a monitor with a 10bit color setting, then the color palette in Adobe XD doesn't work. Therefore, whenever I work with Adobe XD, I have to switch to a lower 8bit color interface. It's quite annoying. 😞 But I haven't found another solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another try:

1. disconnect your monitor

2. reboot your computer

3. open adobe XD

4.plug in your monitor cable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three identical Aorus monitors, none of this procedure works. 😞 So it works, but as soon as I turn off XD and turn it on again, it will break the palette again. I certainly won't do that every time I work in XD. (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.) work properly, it seems that the problem is really somewhere in the combination of RTX GPU and 10bit monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, the color picker box is only showing white and color, no blacks. I'm devastated to see that this is an issue that has been going on for 2 years without a solution. Typically, yet another bug in an adobe software that will never be fixed (?). I tried switching my monitors to 8bit again. my cintiq is on a Diplay cable so that can't be it. Is there any way to make this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD Team! Is a fix being worked on? I myself am running on 10bit and experiencing this issue. It has nothing to do with setting the monitor to SRGB etc. It's purely the fact that XD does not support 10bit which blows my mind and a fix has not been pushed considering how long ago this issue was raised.

Switching to 8bit does fix it but, doing this constantly is not a viable option long term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on here !!! are you serious !!
You should be the first to support wide-gamut and 10bit. You create creative tools for designers

what are you thinking not taking care of it for more than two years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact same issue here - 4 monitor setup, 3 with extended colorspace and 10bit, one with srgb and 8bit, working on none of my screens. ongoing bug for past years. never found any working fix....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of object is selected. I'm a little confused since there is no stroke. Can you perhaps show the complete screen including the layers pnael?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos below, it doesnt matter what I select there is no border colors and Fill colors has no darker tones

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution to my problem and it hasn't been fixed in three years... Like, Adobe seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. This bug is not reproducible on every computer because of different Graphics card properties. Could you please check if the Color Profile is set as SRGB under color management? If not, please check the color profile by navigating to control panel > color management.

If it still doesn't work, please confirm the following details:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Windows Operating System.
  2. Please check if your Graphic card drivers are up to date as per the manufacturer's website.
  3. Do you use an external monitor? If yes, please disconnect the external monitor and test this on the primary screen.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as you can see below in the photo my color palette has NO dark colors...

screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problem in adobe XD. On my PC (nVIDIA RTX2070) the color palette is displayed as follows (see figure). it shone a month ago. I reinstalled the adobe XD and graphics drivers and nothing helped. It's very annoying and you can't work with it. I have Windows 10 completely up to date.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with color picker in XD. Would you mind trying the step suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/panel-color-picker-picks-up-the-light-color-in-adobe-xd/td-p...?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is one of the top results searching for solutions to this, I'll share this here as well.

For those looking for a solution to this, here is what worked for me after 4 days of troubleshooting:

Turn off 10bit color mode, switch it to 8bit.

On windows, with an Nvidia GPU, I changed this in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Qubus_0-1611520458477.png

The weird thing for me is that sometimes it'd work with 10bit and then the next time I'd start XD it'd break again. It seems like it is an issue with Windows 10 UWP apps in general as transparency effects in other apps using the "fluent design" framework were having similar issues as well.

Hope this helps some people out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing issues with the color picker. It only shows one color no matter what. I can use the hue slider, which only shows white. See attached video.

Tried reinstalling XD, updating video drivers. Nothing seems to work. Color pickers in other apps all work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/panel-color-picker-picks-up-the-light-color-in-adobe-xd/m-p/...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bug: color picker is broken, see image

Adobe XD Version: 30.2.12.3
Windows 10: 1906 (Build 18363.900)

Nvidia Graphics drivers are up to date

color.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines