• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component changes position from state to state.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem where a button is moving position from one state to the next.

For example, a button is at location X: 10 Y: 10 while in it's default state; but in it's hover state it nudges to X:12  Y:10. The button would then change position again to X:5 Y:17 in it's active state.

The button consists of just a rounded rectangle and 1 word of active text.

This is happening with more complex components as well, and the position is changing by hundreds of pixels in positive and negative directions.

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on my end and it's only happening when I changed the value of X in active state, after going in isolation mode. So would you mind reproducing the issue on a new component and share a small video? We'll also need the version of XD and OS.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume your Main Component is with different text than these button instances? 🙂

I've seen these bugs mentioned a few times, don't think there's a fix other than Adobe finally fixing components/states that have been glitchy since day one.

Generally, you should avoid changing sizes and texts of component instances, especially for states of instances. They just don't work well in a lot of cases, and you will be facing inconsistencies and bugs like that a lot.

With that in mind, you can still upload the file somewhere and share it here, so we can take a look at it and see if there's some missconfiguration that could be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines